• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best International Test team in 20 years?

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
I believe that the best test team in 20 years time will be either South Africa, England or NZland.

What do you think?

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
Barney Rubble said:
Very hard to say, but I don't think it'll be Australia. South Africa could well be a very good call.
I chose SA because domestic cricket there is good, thus the chances of them creating a good quality test team are high.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hazza said:
I chose SA because domestic cricket there is good, thus the chances of them creating a good quality test team are high.
Most of the South African public couldn't give a toss about Tests - so I doubt it'll be them, not that their domestic cricket is that good either. Being boring I think Australia and England will certainly be up there, a lot depends on how some of the poorer countries develop (as in going from third world to a developed country, that sort of thing).

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
Scaly piscine said:
Most of the South African public couldn't give a toss about Tests - so I doubt it'll be them, not that their domestic cricket is that good either. Being boring I think Australia and England will certainly be up there, a lot depends on how some of the poorer countries develop (as in going from third world to a developed country, that sort of thing).
The south-african domestic cricket isn't as bad as you think it is. They have their own version of twenty20 and have very good quality sides.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Then you see that Hashim Amla scored truckloads of runs in it.

Let's be fair, most of the guys playing Test cricket in 2025 will be six or seven years old now. So it could be anyone. Possibly not Norway.

King_Ponting

International Regular
yeh....... highlighting the depth of english cricket........... having to rely on someone well into there 40s because they dont have any talented younger players

greg

International Debutant
Better one in their early forties, than almost a whole team in their mid thirties...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hazza said:
The south-african domestic cricket isn't as bad as you think it is. They have their own version of twenty20 and have very good quality sides.
That's the thing, South Africa doesn't seem that interested as a whole about Test cricket and since this thread is about who will be the best Test team in 20 years that approach won't help them in this context.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
greg said:
Better one in their early forties, than almost a whole team in their mid thirties...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, who said it would be Kevin Pietersen? Why couldn't it be his son, Kevin Jr, who will be born in three years? :p

Or maybe Charl Pietersen....... :D