• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best innings and spell of the 2010s

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
going to give pat cummins in this test a mention. so tenacious.
He just doesn't give an inch does he?

Puts Pujara's exploits last year into greater perspective. Though tbf the MCG pitch is a million times better this summer.

Pothas

My favourite bowling spell probably that Moeen one against SA when he kept taking a wicket every over.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
For an England fan the best innings I’d seen for a while was the KP against South Africa at Headingley, didn’t think I’d ever seen anything like that.....then Ben Stokes came along in the Ashes, and WOW! It just had so much more!! The tempo of the innings, the ball striking, the batting intelligence, the unbelievable skill, it was ridiculous! No doubt, the best innings I’ve ever seen.
the look on steyns face when Pietersen smashed him back over his head for six

lel

treated them like club bowlers that day

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember this series? Both tests came down to the final wicket and final over. That Mathews ton in the second innings was incredible.

OverratedSanity

The spell by Dhammika prasad where he tore through the top order in the 4th innings was ridiculously good too.

Last edited:

Daemon

He got injured then dropped didn't he? Was looking really good in both formats at one point iirc.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just going through the mental list though, it stands out a lot with bowling just how much the most memorable spells are not necessarily the ones that took stackloads of wickets.
This is especially true when you think no one has mentioned Ryan Harris.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Boult's 6-32 not the best but worth reminiscing about, especially as it feels like the last devastating spell a Kiwi has bowled in a Test to truly flatten a side. Basically what we need vs Aus to win.

Burgey

I think Clarke’s ton with the fractured shoulder blade in SA was the best knock of the decade from and Australian pov imo. So gutsy.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think Clarke’s ton with the fractured shoulder blade in SA was the best knock of the decade from and Australian pov imo. So gutsy.
Craddock almost agrees with you, he ranked it #2 "but only just" (i.e. almost #1). Top was Smith at Edgbaston, which is fair enough IMO.

stephen

G Smith's batting with a broken hand was also super gutsy.

Johnson broke his hand and Sangakkara's hand and almost broke the record for having the most players "retired hurt" in the same innings. He must have been such a nightmare to face when on song.