• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best innings and spell of the 2010s

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we’re talking greatest strokeplay then it’s definitely Umesh Yadav’s 31 (10) in Pune

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
KP 186 V India in Mumbai.. You can't play spin that easily on a red soil track in India. You just cannot. It was an otherworldly knock.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That Morkel spell was so scary and it only lasted a couple of overs too. Repeat that over the series and you get Johnson's Ashes.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Think objectively assessing the best bowling spell is almost impossible. There's too much luck in whether a delivery actually causes a wicket to judge by figures. There's probably been 0-fers where a guy bowled as well as Broad did in the 8-15.

Personally though, Mitchell Johnson at Centurion is the best display of outright fast bowling I've seen in my time watching the sport.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A B de Villiers† 33R 220BF 0 0 15.00
AB de Villiers saved his best for Australia didn't he? He was genuinely the batsman I was most scared of since Lara. He just did the business time and time again against us in both test and ODI cricket.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I enjoyed McCullum’s 302 against India. They were miles behind in the game and then he plays a knock like that to save the match.

Bowling wise I’ve never seen anything like Johnson-mode and the Centurion spell was the best of that.

ajdude

International Coach
philander’s 5/7 in the match new zealand were all out for 45 was absolute peak philander, the most unplayable i’ve ever seen him bowl. like i’d go as far to say that even though there were scarier, more hostile spells like johnson at centurion and PE (when he killed jacques kallis), vern bowled one of the most unplayable spells i think i’ve seen

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
For an England fan the best innings I’d seen for a while was the KP against South Africa at Headingley, didn’t think I’d ever seen anything like that.....then Ben Stokes came along in the Ashes, and WOW! It just had so much more!! The tempo of the innings, the ball striking, the batting intelligence, the unbelievable skill, it was ridiculous! No doubt, the best innings I’ve ever seen.