• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best innings and spell of the 2010s

Logan

U19 Captain
Best Test Innings and Best Bowling Performance of the Decade?

Best Test innings of the decade?

Best Test bowling performance of the decade?

Wisden picked Stokes’ 135* and Broad’s 8-15 as the best of the decade.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Either kusal or stokes were good choices. Would've gone Steyn for the bowling spell though. His nagpur spell wasn't just his 7fer, the cherry on top was when India followed on that same evening after Steyn's spell and he immediately got sehwag (who was the only one to play well in the first innings) to end all hope right at the end of the day.

OverratedSanity

Also I'm outraged that they didn't put Samuels' innings in the 2012 t20 final anywhere in the top 5. That's the best t20 innings I've ever seen, ahead of Kohli's vs Australia in the 2016 edition.

Spark

Global Moderator
The irony is that, although obviously you're always going to pick the 8-for spell, that for me isn't the best spell Broad's spell. Some of the spells he bowled vs India in 2011 were simply outrageous, but on that day every false shot was a nick at catchable height and every nick got caught.

In terms of raw quality though, that spell he bowled at the end of Day 1 at TB in 2011 was just outlandish. Every single ball felt like it pitched middle-and-off and then jagged sideways with extra bounce. Completely unplayable.

Last edited:

Slifer

International Captain
Smh the best test innings of the 2010s was Pereras innings vs RSA. But as usual Wisden can't help itself with its English bias. Smh

wrongun

Banned
Best I saw in person was KP's 180+ vs India in Dec 2012 at Wankhede followed by Gayle's t20 century vs ENG in the 2016 t20 WC

vcs

The irony is that, although obviously you're always going to pick the 8-for spell, that for me isn't the best spell Broad's spell. Some of the spells he bowled vs India in 2011 were simply outrageous, but on that day every false shot was a nick at catchable height and every nick got caught.

In terms of raw quality though, that spell he bowled at the end of Day 1 at TB in 2011 was just outlandish. Every single ball felt like it pitched middle-and-off and then jagged sideways with extra bounce. Completely unplayable.
Steyn's spells on Day 3 at Cape Town (start of the day bowling 5 straight overs at Tendulkar, should have probably had him caught behind in the first over) 2011 and then later with the new ball (that ball to Pujara, kissing Harbhajan's offstump without dislodging the bails) was similar in terms of quality. Think he only took 5/70 or something though, he actually bowled much better than those figures reflect.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also I'm outraged that they didn't put Samuels' innings in the 2012 t20 final anywhere in the top 5. That's the best t20 innings I've ever seen, ahead of Kohli's vs Australia in the 2016 edition.
Yeah it almost felt like an ODI recovery he had such a perfectly weighted rebuilding phase than a rapid acceleration all within 20 overs

So crazy they won that game

And Stokes was more dramatic than Perera but Pereras far more shocking.

Flem274*

123/5
im not a fan but was chris martin's 5fer in india this decade? that was ridiculous, the swing bowling was incredible.

i hate that test match. ****ing india. harbhajan's innings should be shown to wagner before the upcoming series.

would also like to second the steyn 6/8 and nominate the entire harris/johnson partnership at its peak.

Howe_zat

Audio File
this line of thinking is why england suck outside of home tests and the ashes
we suck perfectly well in away ashes series too, thank you very much

ftr ashes series in australia don't matter either. why else would they be on in the middle of the night

Spark

Global Moderator
im not a fan but was chris martin's 5fer in india this decade? that was ridiculous, the swing bowling was incredible.

i hate that test match. ****ing india. harbhajan's innings should be shown to wagner before the upcoming series.

would also like to second the steyn 6/8 and nominate the entire harris/johnson partnership at its peak.
Johnson's 7-for at Adelaide definitely deserves a mention.