• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best cricketer right now.

Blaze

Banned
Let's face it - this thread was made so everyone could say how awesome Flintoff is.

I mean 'who is the best cricketer right now'.... that topic could be made every week, it has no significance.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
DanielFullard said:
Pointing
Hayden
Dravid
Hussey
Flintoff
Dilshan
Warne
Sreesanth
Hoggard
Kumble
Akmal

Probably my "World XI" at this point in time
The keeper? :wacko:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
World Xi would be...

Strauss
Bell
Shah
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
G Jones
Udal
Hoggard
Anderson
Panesar

Beat anyone that lot :laugh:

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Well there's great players and then there's heroes & Flintoff right now is a hero. It's hard not to like Flintoff. He seems so genuine.

IMO, it's between Flintoff and Ponting. Ponting is easily the best batsman in the world, but until he does something to define his Test captaincy he isn't as great as Flintoff. (Given that Gilchrist captained Australia to their series win in India & Ponting was the losing captain in the Ashes.)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Blaze said:
Let's face it - this thread was made so everyone could say how awesome Flintoff is.

I mean 'who is the best cricketer right now'.... that topic could be made every week, it has no significance.
Yeah but it makes a change from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooextracool
rubbish anyone with half a brain could see blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
errr, i think you'll find that in-the-end his average was conciderably helped in the 1998-2001 period when pitches were blah blah blah

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
For me, "now" is the last 6 months or so to a year, in which case the main candidates in my view are Flintoff and Ponting, with Dravid and Warne a step behind. The fact that Warne only plays one form of the game counts against him, as does the fact that his summer, while good, wasn't his best.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In seriousness, if I weren't allowed to pick an Englishman for objective reasons, well I'd pick Warne or Inzamam

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Pedro Delgado said:

Quote:

Quote:
errr, i think you'll find that in-the-end his average was conciderably helped in the 1998-2001 period when pitches were blah blah blah
haahhahahahahahahhahahahahaoalalalmoadnoasjhfasjkl;fhlmaoooooo:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:

Quote:

Quote:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pedro Delgado said:

Quote:

Quote:
:laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol: :laugh::lol::laugh::lol:
That's hilarious because, apart from the misspelling of considerably, it's such a good impression of us!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pedro Delgado said:
Bugger, missed that.

Anyhoo :)
I mean, you even got my hyphenating of catchphrases!
Brilliant.
(One thing I'd say - 1998-2001 was actually a time during which a change in pitches happened. You'd have done better to say "the 1954-1967 period" or something)