• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Concert Attended

cpr

International Coach
Hmm,

Red Hot Chili Peppers, supported by James ****ing Brown, in 2004, both put on unreal shows (saw the former a few years later at Leeds, and easily the worst performance I've ever seen

REM, supported by Feeder, Idlewild, and the Zutons at Lancs CC one year. Think that was on a Friday, then headed down to Milton Keynes Bowl for Green Day on the Sunday, awesome weekend of music.

Any time I've seen Pearl Jam - they made a Manchester show last about 3 hours once - but their appearance at Leeds was their first festival back after Roskilde. They insisted on a safety barrier near the front, so many thought the front was some sort of VIP golden circle, not realising you could just walk around and stand there. Was about 5 rows back in a totally uncrowded area.

Likewise James always put on a good show, catching them at the GMex one year with Tim Booth walking through the crowd shaking everyones hand at the start, sadly in the days of phones with potatoes for camera's or i'd still have the footage.

Slipknot and Rammstein back to back at Download was pretty good.
Managed to catch Rage Against the Machine at Leeds too.

_Ed_

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I guess Muse would still have to top my list. The first time was certainly the best - a small theatre of about 1000 people in Auckland. Pretty special experience, that.

Others that I have great memories of include Rammstein, Faith No More, Radiohead, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, The Veils, John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes and Rob Zombie.

In recent times, Alice Cooper and Judas Priest have put on preposterously good shows considering how old they are. Can't believe Rob Halford can still sing the way he does.

Looking forward to Metallica and Elton John in the next few months. I gather Elton's voice isn't quite what it once was, but it'll still be good to see such an icon in the flesh.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’ve been to one concert as a kid - Paramore on their Asia tour.

They generally seem like dreadful affairs.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
David Byrne's American Utopia tour last year. It redefined musical concerts. Utterly outstanding.

cpr

International Coach
I guess Muse would still have to top my list. The first time was certainly the best - a small theatre of about 1000 people in Auckland. Pretty special experience, that.

Others that I have great memories of include Rammstein, Faith No More, Radiohead, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, The Veils, John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes and Rob Zombie.

In recent times, Alice Cooper and Judas Priest have put on preposterously good shows considering how old they are. Can't believe Rob Halford can still sing the way he does.

Looking forward to Metallica and Elton John in the next few months. I gather Elton's voice isn't quite what it once was, but it'll still be good to see such an icon in the flesh.
Managed to see Elton about 12 years ago. Puts on an amazing show. Of course he can't hit the notes he could in the 70s, hasn't been able to for about 30 years now, but he does rework the key of the songs to account for that, and does it well.

Not sure if he's got worse for his latest tour - would figure as he gets older - but in general I reckon he manages it well.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Opeth at the Opera House. Great venue for Prog Metal.

In more recent times, Haken at the Factory Theatre was pretty special.

stephen

Hall of Fame Member
Queens of the Stone Age - the Arena 2008. A tiny 300 person standing room only venue with QotSA blasting a lot off their best content, including the amazing Someone's in the Wolf.

Sheer brutal wall of sound. Louder than any other concert I've been to.

Heboric

International 12th Man
Rammstein - Grandwest, Cape Town

1) Obviously the band
2) Venue, the bands always sound awesome in that place
3) Parking, always nice that you didnt have to park miles away

flibbertyjibber

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Confession time. I have NEVER been to a concert of any kind. I am 43 today and never been. Done numerous FA Cup finals, test matches, Cheltenham festivals etc... and never bothered with one.

Guess I am a weirdo.