• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Bowling Pair in Test Cricket

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting contrast between collective SRs and ERs of Ambrose/Walsh and Steyn/Morkel

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I always feel sorry for Jason Gillespie when these are done as it is always McGrath and Warne and never McGrath and Gillespie who themselves were a perfect pair and Dizzy had a very very good record himself. Seems constantly forgotten despite being a brilliant bowler.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dizzy is an ideal 3rd seamer for me. Think the Aussie attack peaked when Brett Lee emerged. Not coz he was great but I think he added a point of difference and I think it actually helped both McGrath and Gillespie at least in the first 2 or 3 years once Lee arrived.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Some other highly-regarded pairs from the 40s-80s:

Lindwall and Miller
Trueman and Statham
Laker and Lock
Hall and Griffith
Adc0ck and Heine
Bedi and Chandrasekhar
Holding and Roberts
Garner and Marshall
Imran Khan and Abdul Qadir

The WIPQ make things tricky as there are any number of possible pairs... but they probably didn't take that many wpm as there were usually 1 or 2 other top bowlers playing with them.