• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

:::. Best Bowlers .:::

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poor Permy.
that is what i wanted to ask him?
Indeed, I'm not sure if he was playing when Ponting scored a double century and Gilchrist a century in the same match, but I have some recollections of watching a little best of that Test as it was in Australia, but I wasn't very keen on paying too much attention. So I may have seen Wasim play, but didn't know who he was, or how good he was. Ignorance on my behalf, yes, but I would've been less than 12 years old and barely interested in cricket as nothing more than a fun game.

Perm

No we don't. Some may, but not certainly not everyone. I wouldn't even say it was a majority tbh.
And I know for me, "watching a video" of him would just mean seeing him take a few wickets on Youtube. But you only get to see where he takes wickets, not enough to make a judgement of him as a bowler.
Yeah, I have seen plenty of videos on Youtube of some very good players but I don't like saying I've watched them play, because I haven't really. Sure I've seen them hit a six or take a wicket, but haven't seen sufficient of them actually playing to say I have. If that makes sense :wacko:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who you think is the best bowler (you have seen playing)?
  1. best pace bowler?
  2. best right handed pace bowler?
  3. best left handed pace bowler?
  4. best spin bowler?
  5. best right handed spin bowler?
  6. best left handed spin bowler?
  7. scariest pace bowler?
  8. best young bowler?
  9. best part time bowler?
  10. best bowler to right handers?
  11. best bowler to left handers?
  12. best opening bowler?
  13. best bowler to tailenders?
  14. best bowler?
McGrath
McGrath
Akram
Warne
Warne
Underwood
Akthar
Asif
Steve Waugh
Warne
McGrath
Akram or Waqar
McGrath

Julian87

State Captain
1 McGrath
2 McGrath
3 Akram
4 Warne
5 Warne
6 Vettori
7 Lee
8 Hilfenhaus
9 Jayasuriya/Cronje
10 Warne
11 Reiffel
12 McGrath
13 Akram
14 Warne

HeathDavisSpeed

[*]best pace bowler? Malcolm Marshall / Curtley Ambrose

[*] best right handed pace bowler? Shane Bond / Waqar Younis (best to watch... mmmm... inswinging yorkers!!)

[*] best left handed pace bowler? Mark Ilott? Paul Taylor? Ryan Sidebottom? Nah - Wasim

[*] best spin bowler? Bruce Martin? Dipak Patel? Tim May? Peter Such? Shane Warne

[*] best right handed spin bowler? Warne

[*] best left handed spin bowler? Phil Tufnell

[*] scariest pace bowler? H.T. DAVIS grrrrr

[*] best young bowler? James Harris - Glamorgan

[*] best part time bowler? Mark Butcher - or pretty much any NZ middle order batsman of the last 10 years - mmmm... Styris

[*] best bowler to right handers? Paddles

[*] best bowler to left handers? Warney

[*] best opening bowler? Glenn McGrath

[*] best bowler to tailenders? Waqar

[*] best bowler? Malcolm Marshall

FRAZ

International Captain
best pace bowler? Shoaib Akhtar

best right handed pace bowler? Shoaib Akhtar

best left handed pace bowler? Wasim Akram

best spin bowler? Muralitharan

best right handed spin bowler? Muralitharan