• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Batsmen at different positions !

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Indeed you did.

Its best batsman in each position.

So at number 9, you would the best batsman who currently bats there in ODI cricket.

Sudeep

International Captain
tooextracool said:
which still makes him a current player thoug, hes still available for selection. the folly of the australian selectors does not make him any less useful.
I was being smart, and selecting a side that would imaginatively play. And Bevan has the least chance of playing in the next 10 months than any other player on my XI. And to select him, Flintoff would've to be erased from #6, which is just a no no, based on current form.

Sudeep

International Captain
Scallywag said:
Bichel has an average of 20 @ s/r 78
Hogg has an average of 20 @ s/r 80
Harvey has an average of 18 @ s/r 88

Giles has an average of 14 @ s/r 58
I ruled out Bichel for the same reason as Bevan.

And as I said for Giles, he's the best batting brain among tail-enders. So even if he's scored less runs, IMO based on current form he has more potential to score better in the coming months.

Scallywag

Banned
Sudeep said:
I ruled out Bichel for the same reason as Bevan.

And as I said for Giles, he's the best batting brain among tail-enders. So even if he's scored less runs, IMO based on current form he has more potential to score better in the coming months.
Sorry mate I just dont get this Giles thing, he aves 14 with the bat and 36 with the ball. There is 10-15 players with more potential than Giles.

Scallywag

Banned
Langeveldt said:
I would just use my world eleven, and stick Andre Nel at number 11, because he is the most worthy 11 in the world!
Nel's highest score 3*, total runs scored in 22 matches 5.

Sudeep

International Captain
Scallywag said:
Sorry mate I just dont get this Giles thing, he aves 14 with the bat and 36 with the ball. There is 10-15 players with more potential than Giles.
Average with the ball doesn't come into the picture. :p

Scallywag

Banned
Sudeep I was trying to understand where the "potential" and "current form" fitted in with Giles being in the best batting position team.

Sudeep

International Captain
Scallywag said:
Sudeep I was trying to understand where the "potential" and "current form" fitted in with Giles being in the best batting position team.
Potential/Current form - based only on batting. I know he's had only a couple of good innings in ODIs this season if I'm not wrong, but those came late in the summer, which suggests that he MIGHT be peaking as a #8. Plus, he played valuable Test innings as well, two or three of them. If at #8, you can maintain that composure coupled with consistency, you're bound to do well, which is exactly what I'm expecting from Giles in coming months.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
delkap said:
My XI would be:

1.Gilchrist
2.Tendulkar
3.Ponting
4.Ganguly
5.Dravid
6.Clarke
7.Flintoff
8.Pollock
9.Brett Lee
10.Harbhajan
11.Harmison
Team edited to suit batting order :) just last 3 changed

FRAZ

International Captain
Putting Bevan in my list was a big mistake .sorry Folks . Any ways " Who says Balaji is not good to be the best no 11 ... Why I missed SRT . An obvious reason and that is that he for me is good for one down or 2 down position and after watching the current form and this and that I preffered Ponting and Dravid over him .
Once again some people are still finding even this thread of mine as offensive . Pathetic. And I already told that its not a World 11 crap its just a personal opinion that whoes agood and whoes not . Now a stupid block even put SRT as an opener ..... Waoh

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I dont think you realise that Tendulkar (why must everyone call him SRT??) is an opener in One Day Internationals.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
That is very true Tim. If I was not so lazy, I would modify my side and chuck Vettori in at number 9.:) Although its probably true he has underperformed...