• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Aus XI currently

halba

International 12th Man
As current XI, only 3 players are of test material - Cummins and Lyon and possibly Khawaja who should be persisted for now. None of the batsman/wicketkeeper are test material. Finch has been a total failure at test level which is unsurprising considering he's so ordinary at Red ball cricket.

This is worth a go Imo: . Once again the batting leaves a lot to be desired, but a couple of decent bats in Wade/Carey, or Kurtis patterson, can make a big difference.

On shield form, Scott boland and Chris tremain are just doing wonders. Hazlewood and Starc are on the verge of being dropped, they simply arent doing anything, and havent been for a while.

Starc's numerous injuries mean his peak has been long since passed.

Stoinis is worth a go, i mean, could he be worse than mitch marsh or pete handscomb?

Wade(wicketkeeper)/Alex Carey(wicketkeeper)
Burns
Khawaja
Kurtis Patterson
Jake Lehman/Daniel Hughes
Stoinis- all rounder
Chris Tremain
Pat Cummins
Nathan Lyon
Scott Boland/Jye Richardson(like a young brett lee) - we need someone to charge in and prize the batsmen out.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The bowlers are literally the only thing which has kept the series competitive. They’ve been great, even here on day one when it was a pancake. Every problem in the Australian team relates to its batting.

aussie tragic

International Captain
My best current unavailable cricket XI

Warner
Watson (still playing grade and bbl)
Pucovski (concussion issues)
Smith
Maxwell (black listed)
Lehman (too ugly for baggy green)
Burtis + (cant get a FC gig)
Pattinson (injury come back)
O'Keefe (drinks too much)
Copeland (commentating more important)
Tremain (Vic quota taken)

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I would add Phil Hughes to that unavailable XI...... a top 4 of warner/hughes/khawaja/smith would've been pretty damn good with a few years under its belt up to this point

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unavailable Aus XI:

Hayden
Trumper
Bradman
G Chappell
Border (c)
Waugh
Gilchrist
Davidson
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

Burgey

I would add Phil Hughes to that unavailable XI...... a top 4 of warner/hughes/khawaja/smith would've been pretty damn good with a few years under its belt up to this point
Yeah the Phil Hughes thing is just so tragic.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mate, your team would be 2-0 as 2 batsmen timed out. Also Lillee and Davidson only medium pace today ;)
I'll take Lillee's mediums over Starc's express pace any day of the week.

Also, Trumper's bones are more likely to make runs opening than Finch.

Last edited:

Burgey

Genuine hilarity at regarding Lillee as medium paced.

You people know nothing.

Burgey

That a fair point, though I remember being at the scg in the early 2000s when he was conducting a young fast bowlers’ course and he shortened up Shane Thompson because Thommo had the temerity to hit him out of the nets. Parted his hair with a whistler, and I think he was about 55 back then.

Wtte of “Remember who I am, remember what I’ve done and remember what I can still do.”

TheJediBrah

My best current unavailable cricket XI

Warner
Watson (still playing grade and bbl)
Pucovski (concussion issues)
Smith
Maxwell (black listed)
Lehman (too ugly for baggy green)
Burtis + (cant get a FC gig)
Pattinson (injury come back)
O'Keefe (drinks too much)