• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI president Dalmiya dies in hospital

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
RIP.. LIke him or hate him, irrespective of the means, he made India a financial powerhouse within the cricketing community. Big loss indeed.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah, can't think of any other asian who did more to shape the business side of cricket than this man

rip

cnerd123

likes this
RIP

A huge figure in Indian cricket, and indeed modern cricket. Not going to say he was all good, but he was a great man, and it is an untimely demise.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This is a very sad day for Indian cricket. I salute the shrewd businessman and administrator who made BCCI the financial powerhouse of world cricket. As much as he played politics; he was the victim of dirty politics too (from Srini, Pawar etc.). He was a true lover of Bengal, Kolkata and Eden Gardens. It was good to see him coming back to power lately; but by this time he lost much of his physical and mental strength that we knew him for especially between 1996 and 2003.

RIP Dalmiya

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ian Chappell writes about Dalmiya

'He did a hell of a lot for the game' | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

"He copped a lot of criticism in Australia from the administrators and I think it was because he outsmarted them over the 1996 World Cup and got it to the sub-continent."

"We had a big meeting once in Kolkata, a whole lot of ex-players and we talked about having a World Test Championship, and some very good ideas came forward. I think if Jaggu had stayed on a bit longer as ICC president, I'm sure today there would be a World Test Championship."

Last edited: