• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2022

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Eve :wub:

I'm definitely a fan of having people from smaller sports get nominated rather than a collection of people from the same sports. Anything that can help give those sports a bit of attention is good as far as I'm concerned.
All well and good if they're proper sports but I'm not having Curling

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Eve :wub:

I'm definitely a fan of having people from smaller sports get nominated rather than a collection of people from the same sports. Anything that can help give those sports a bit of attention is good as far as I'm concerned.
Yes, I don't object to any of them being nominated, and I couldn't begin to think of any other contenders.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If I were to pick a gymnast, which they did, I'd find it hard to overlook Jake Jarman, who has had a hell of a breakthrough year.
View attachment 34025
Fair enough. It's probably obvious that my knowledge is limited to a small number of sports. Identifying with LT's original post was saying more about me than the people nominated.

Niall

International Coach
Not the biggest field to choose from but the absence of Fitzpatrick and Leon Edwards is poor.

They aren't great with combat, Josh Taylor should have been nominated a few years ago but it is what it is.