• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Why do you keep having the moneh troubles Sm00ten?

Is there some real-life reflection? :ph34r:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Excited to promote into a FC league with only 1 bot, will bring the challenge I have been craving from FC.

Purchased my new trainee keeper. Needs some work on the stamina, but otherwise he will be trained up to be my long-term keeper solution. Already destined to be better than my other trainees as he is starting from low-mid respectable batting.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
My Div IV comp is very tame, I'm heaps lucky. No reason why I couldn't win the whole thing, but aiming for 3rd.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Picked up a few traits/preferences. The worst is my opening batsmen grabbing a lazy. He's only med/comp/resp or something, so he should be out on his arse sooner rather than later. My number 3 batsmen also got a spin bowling preference, will slip down the order now I'd say.

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Battrick - Kevin Coppinger » Details

9. Kevin Coppinger - 19 yo, BT Rating=35,194 shortcut transfer listed
LH batsman, LM bowler. He is a destructive player with proficient leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: proficient Concentration: strong
Bowling: woeful Consistency: feeble
Fielding: worthless
Bid away!

Noble One

Owen Verma - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,047
RH batsman, RFM bowler. He is a cautious player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

My new keeper trainee. Lacking on the Stamina and Concentration side, but they should catch up within time. Popped in keeping first week too.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Mike Vidale - 19 yo, BT Rating=17,433
RH batsman, RM bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

Ah, brilliant, first week of the season.

Ray Southall - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,540
LH batsman, LFM bowler. He is an attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and moderate fitness.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless

Hmm, decent. Will probably train to about strong keeping, that's all I should need. His conc should improve with batting and keeping going pretty quickly, so I won't have to train him for too long.

Might be others, cant tell without atstumps.

Noble One

Hansie Cronje would be proud of my efforts today.

Up against a far superior side in the cup. Played it on TIE with my weakest outfit, soundly beaten. Lowest team score too. Taking a look at the RS the result would have been much the same had I played full strength anyway.

Another crap YP as well. Med/Med/Med.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Second XI on TIE today, at least the bot put up a bit of a fight when batting. Kay picked up 4 as they managed 7/237 off their 50, we chased it in 39.3, 2 down, with Hughes 108* and Breen scoring a solid 96, falling shortly before the win.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sarwar Nizamuddin - 23 yo, BT Rating=131,098
RH batsman, RF bowler. He is a defensive player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: superb
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: miraculous
Fielding: strong

Bryan Hamilton - 22 yo, BT Rating=187,625
RH batsman, RFM bowler. He is a defensive player with woeful leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: wonderful Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: masterful
Fielding: wonderful

Jakester1288

International Regular
What do you guys reckon I should train these fella's too?

Ray Southall - 17 yo, BT Rating=2,540
LH batsman, LFM bowler. He is an attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless

Thinking about strong stam, strong keeping, superb batting and whatever the conc levels out as.

Don't wanna be paying overs to keep him, when strong should do the job just fine.

Benjamin Adri - 19 yo, BT Rating=14,877
LH batsman, LM bowler. He is a defensive player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has woeful batting form, competent bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: strong Consistency: proficient

Benjamin Adri - 19 yo, BT Rating=14,877
LH batsman, LM bowler. He is a defensive player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has woeful batting form, competent bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: strong Consistency: proficient

About strong/wonderful/whatever?

Mike Vidale - 19 yo, BT Rating=17,433
RH batsman, RM bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: respectable

Wonderful batting? One more?

Alfie Fillery - 20 yo, BT Rating=34,208
RH batsman, LH Spin bowler. He is a destructive player with superb leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: proficient
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb
Fielding: respectable

Might round up his training after 2 more pops at wonderful.

Next season, plan on getting a new 17 year old to work on, dropping some 2 netters back to 1, and just rounding off my squads stamina/fielding in general.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't bother about the first guy, if you need a keeper there's got to be better options out there. With secondaries/stamina like that, it'd take forever just to get him to a decent level, let alone a good, long term option.

Noble One

Southall is a pretty horrible trainee. I know you have money issues Jake, but for even 1k you could pick up a better player to train.

Considering your other trainees are pretty solid (even better than some of mine) wasting nets on a spud like Southall is abit of a waste. It might take 3 seasons for him to even be close to playable and by that stage you will probably have progressed as a team beyond selecting such a player.

Take a look on the TM.