• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the test innings played by batsmen currently less than 30 years old

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think that's a convoluted enough title for a random battle.

All test match innings played by batsman over 30 years old at the time of this post are disqualified. Limit of a maximum of 3 per player to give non-Rahane players a chance

Off the top of my head, some of the worthy ones are:

Rahane 103 vs England, Lord's 2014
Joe Root 130 vs Australia, Trentbridge 2015
Kusal Mendis 176 vs Australia, Pallekele 2016
Dinesh Chandimal 162* vs India, Galle 2015 (:()
Angelo Mathews 160 vs England, Headingley
Cheteshwar Pujara 145* vs Sri Lanka, Colombo 2015
Virat Kohli 141 vs Australia, Adelaide 2014

There are some ubelievably good innings in there and I'm sure I'm missing plenty from Smith and KW as well.

vcs

Darren Bravo 116 vs Pakistan in Dubai in 2016.
Quinton De Kock 104 Hobart 2016.
Kane Williamson 140 Brisbane 2015
Kane Williamson 108* Hamilton 2015

indiaholic

International Captain
Pujara and Kohli at Johannesburg.
Pujara at Ahmedabad.
The two centuries by Mathews against us were pretty good too..
KW's century against SA... The century at Colombo.. Brisbane

Howe_zat

Audio File
Additionally

BKG Mendis 176 v Australia at Pallekele 2016
JE Root 254 v Pakistan at Old Trafford 2016

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Joe Root's 130 at Trent Bridge is so under-rated.

His ton in South Africa was pretty great as well IMO.

Stokes' 101 against New Zealand is my favourite innings of his.

Bairstow had a ton against Sri Lanka this year that really dug England out of a hole. I loved his maiden ton in South Africa, totally overshadowed by the fireworks at the other end but it was a great innings in its own right and, much like Smith's maiden ton at the Oval, a real monkey off his back.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I see vcs has beaten me to the punch but I'd go with Williamson's innings at Brisbane. Seemed to be batting on a different strip compared to his team-mates.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Were any of Smith's 4 in the series against India here more memorable than the others?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah but his two during the 13/14 series were incredibly important in saving us at the most inopportune times.

Burgey

Smith at Centurion was a great knock under pressure. 4/98 when he came in.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Rahane's 147 at the MCG probably the best attacking batting I've seen in a long time.

Also since it says test innings and not centuries then I'll add Kohli's 81 against England just recently. Vijay's 144 against Australia at Brisbane a good shout too.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson's 242 vs SL (even though it involved chances, pretty huge in the context of the game situation)

Zinzan

Williamson's 242 vs SL (even though it involved chances, pretty huge in the context of the game situation)
You mean the one against the ferocious attack of Lakmal, Pradeep & Prasad in home conditions?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Could we change this thread to "Battle of the test innings played by batsmen currently less than 30 years old born in Tauranga with a first name beginning with K"?