• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Brainfades

Bijed

International Regular
Because some of the most memorable moments in cricketing history are those when you're left thinking 'why the **** did they do THAT?!", I thought it was about time we compiled videos of all our favourite brainfades from across the years, then had a vote to decide on maybe the best/worst (depending on how you look at it) 5.

Anyway, I'll get the ball rolling with the recent Gabriel's Hoick, immortalised by Shady Slim in the hallowed texts of the Lexicon:

It occurs at 3:45

anil1405

International Captain
No mention of this yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrWgDIFoqt4

What's the world coming to?
Wouldn't really consider that as a brain fade moment. It was rather a lack of communication on the part of Klusener. The ball before Donald would've been run out had Lehmann hit the stumps so obviously Donald was cautions and wanted to be absolutely sure that there was a single before he decided to run and had Klusener uttered these few words before that delivery...."Run when I tell you to"....things would've been much more simple.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli getting dismissed leaving straight balls a couple of times in the recent India-Australia series.

Bijed

International Regular
For those that have been mentioned but not had videos posted ye (apologies for variable quality, best I could find quickly):

Haddin in Cape Town:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is one of my favourites. Not quite a brain fade... More like a brain explosion. Halfway through his delivery, Darren Powell goes "**** this. I don't want to cricket anymore"

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is my favourite Maxwell Moment (TM)

Ali to Maxwell, FOUR, superbly done by Maxwell, reverse-sweeping against the spin and it's in the air but in front of point and bounces away to the unprotected boundary

Ali to Maxwell, FOUR, tossed up and Maxwell plays that vengeful reverse-slap over cover again! This was struck even more firmly, high and into the gap for four more

Ali to Maxwell, OUT, tries a reverse dab this time, a top edge loops up and Bairstow takes a simple catch! Umpire Wilson slowly raises his finger and although Maxwell looks disgusted it is probably with the shot rather than the decision.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That time Johnson enquired as to why Anderson was quieter than normal and suggested it might be because he wasn't taking wickets; Anderson responds by yorking Ryan Harris.