• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Thread

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This comment in particular, utter twaddle, so if a player Richard doesn't like scores runs its a poor bowling performance8-)
There have been a few people who've got that sort of thing into their heads down the years.

Most have eventually grown out of it, so there's hope yet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
yeah i know but that's not always the case and the batsmen are still given credit to. But richard just refuses to give credit to ashraful and proabably any minnows.
Rubbish, I've given credit to countless players who play for substandard sides. Not rubbish players like Ashraful, though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
was he dropped, or was there the suspicion of a catch by Boucher that wasnt given? If there was a dropped catch I missed it!!!!

But anyway, this is what I feel Richard has been guilty of in the past, and I think he is guilty of here, just assuming something because of prejudices he has against certain players or teams, based merely on a scorecard or what some writer has written (of course the writer must be one he likes!!!).
All I've heard has been that which has been posted on here.
The fact of the matter is, despite a (possible) chance given (maybe!!!), Ashraful's innings was a pure gem, under the pressure of B'desh being in quite a bit of trouble. Some of the shots he played were top notch. One of the innings of the tournament.
And it wouldn't have been a gem if he'd been out when he (possibly) could have been. Simple as.

shortpitched713

International Captain
And it wouldn't have been a gem if he'd been out when he (possibly) could have been. Simple as.
Well technically, according to your first chance theory that would not have been a chance because either he nicked it or he didn't and according to the umpires judgement he didn't.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There was nothing obvious about it? If not, then fair enough - no chance given, but if the footage clearly revealed a nick - it was out, simple as.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, and it's for that reason that people have taken great pleasure in you looking so stupid when results like Saturday's happen, and then bring it up.
Think of me as looking stupid if you want - I never said Bangladesh beating South Africa was impossible.

I don't feel stupid, and that's about all that matters.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You have been bashing Bangladesh, and saying they don't deserve to be playing ODIs since you came on here.

You're still continuing to do it, in spite of the clear evidence that they deserve to be playing ODIs and are competing more and more.

If you persist in this attitude, then you'll continue to look stupid every time they win a game...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You have been bashing Bangladesh, and saying they don't deserve to be playing ODIs since you came on here.
I have, and rightly so. Until very, very recently there was no reason whatsoever why they did.
You're still continuing to do it, in spite of the clear evidence that they deserve to be playing ODIs and are competing more and more.
No, there has only in the last couple of weeks appeared evidence of such a thing. I am, however, pointing-out that there has been no magic bullet. I've done such a thing many, many times in many cases. It's a pretty good idea, really - because then you look good if what everyone has prematurely been saying has now happened turns-out not to have happened.
If you persist in this attitude, then you'll continue to look stupid every time they win a game...
No, I won't, because I've never once said they can never win so much as a single game.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Reality check, it's much more than a "single game", yet you still persist in denying that they deserve to be here.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Reality check, it's much more than a "single game",

Well what is it then?.Until Bangladesh become more consistent in beating top 8 ODI teams they still can only be considered an average ODI team.They are however improving and I enjoy the way they play their cricket with enthuisiasm and a love for the game.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Well what is it then?
Well for one they've won two games against quality sides. You can't just keep rubbishing Bangladeshi cricket by calling each of their triumphs just "one win" if they start stringing them together over a relatively short period of time. If a win is a streaky one off that only occurs rarely then two wins would be rare^2. Much more likely that Bangladesh are genuinely improving.

cricman

International 12th Man
When Habibul Bashar Retires I swear this team will have alot more Creditibily in ODI Cricket!

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Because he produces an innings of any real substance about once every 2 years.And then everybody raves about him...:sleep:
he's been producing helpful innings since he's been back and that's all the team needed from him since he was batting at 5-7