• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bananarama - Peter Siddle's Ashes tour diary

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sunday 12 July 2015
Guess whos back, back again, Siddy's back tell a friend!

What a night. Ive had a longish dry spell but to my credit ive been saying the right things, practising hard and often and just doing the 1 percenters which is important at the end of the day.

The most pleasing part of the performance was my speed which I kept up for the entire session, thank you CA for allowing girlfriends on tour so early.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sunday 12 July 2015
Beginning to warm to Mitch Marsh, he is a bit of a true blue Aussie. The other day at Cardiff he came up with a pearler, a new nickname for Watto. The nickname: Argus because of his rubbish reviews.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Sunday 12 July 2015
Guess whos back, back again, Siddy's back tell a friend!

What a night. Ive had a longish dry spell but to my credit ive been saying the right things, practising hard and often and just doing the 1 percenters which is important at the end of the day.

The most pleasing part of the performance was my speed which I kept up for the entire session, thank you CA for allowing girlfriends on tour so early.
Pup watched my session intently and said afterwards my length was impeccable, as was my seam position. That sort of praise really gives you the energy for a second or even third session.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tuesday 14 July 2015

A little known fact is that before each Test match, Boof asks a prominent figure in society to read out the Australian Test team. Its a wonderful idea which often brings the team closer.

Weve had Bruce McAvaney, David Attenborough, the South Park writers (there Stan Darsh/Shaun Marsh gag was the best) Fran Drescher and Geoff Boycott to name a few.

Well last night it was the turn of a famous Mexican football commentator who is famous for his prolonged goallllll commentary.

It srarted off smoothly enough, we were in hysterics as it took him longer than the English bowlers took at Cardiff to get through our middle order. I was getting a little sleepy when I heard Ppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt and I lept up out of my chair high-fiving everyone bar Starc who I ankled-five, then tragedy struck.. There is another Peter in our squad, WTF? The team were supportive of me but I can tell you the rest of my Tofu tasted cold.

Now this Nevill character is a nice enough guy but I thought he was just a works experience kid like he was at the Renegades during the last Big Bash. I do feel a bit bad now when I said to Hads the other day that the work expierence kid would have caught Root (after Nevill's decent showing vs Essex).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wednesday 15 July

As a result of last nights events I have decided to change my name to Paire Siddle.

Firstly, I heart fruit, secondly I have a love of the french renaissance and thirdly my adoring fans can still continue to call be P Siddy.

If anyone ever says its based on my batting ability to score a pair, ill just tell em they hate anyone with abilities and do a ball by ball recount of my paire of 50s at Delhi recently.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wednesday 29 July

As a cricketing loving boy growing up in the greatest state of Australia I had one idol SK Warne. The bloke was a genius and most respected for his cricketing brain. I got to know Warney a bit playing for Victoria but his mentorship grew as I played for Australia. We used to have good banter our beloved AFL teams North Melbourne Kangaroos (Paire) and Saint Kilda Saints (Shane). If I made a joke that Harves possessions were low he'd pipe up with his famous "you've gotta be prepared to lose to win mate".

Warney was taking me for a ride into his sporting mind and I was impressed. I'd recently lost eating meat and was winning by saving so many animals lives that I thought I'd apply the same goal to my Cricket... And I can honestly say for the past 18 months of Cricket I've been trying to lose. This has been with the ball, bat and field and I've been patiently waiting for the day to win.

it has now come to my attention that the channel9 cricket has planned this all along. Heals wanted his nieces dopey boyfriend Starc in the team and it had come at my expense.. More on this later.