• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ban the ATGs Draft

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Ban the ATGs Draft.

For this draft, when nominating, each participant nominates 3 players, one from each pool (see below), who then become ineligible for selection due to their ATG reputations.

Participants draft 12 man teams (12th man included) from the remaining players in 3 pools with 4 players from each pool.

The pools are:

Pool 1: Ashes + Minnows (Players from England, Australia, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh)

Pool 2: Sub Continent (India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka)

Pool 3: The Rest (South Africa, West Indies, New Zealand)

With the removal of the ATGs, the draft order doesn’t become so critical.

The initial order will determined by random draw and the remaining rounds on the “snake” basis. (ie Round 2 is the reverse of Round 1. Rounds 3,5,7,9 &11 are the same as Round 1. Rounds 4,6,8,10 &12 are the same as Round 2).

For all rounds participants will have 12 hours before being timed out. As the 2 at a time concept definitely made the game quicker we will incorporate that in this draft but with a slight modification. As an example, if player A is up then player B (next in line) must wait 6 of the 12 hours before “jumping” player A. Player C is up when player A times out and player D can come in 6 hours from then. (I will indicate when players may jump in and, if I’m away/asleep at the time, I’m sure there will be those who can do that on my behalf. It sounds complicated but once in operation it should be straightforward.

Once a player is nominated as being banned, there is no need for anyone else to ban that player but they are still required to nominate 3 others to be made ineligible.

As a participant I will nominate Don Bradman, Imran Khan and Garfield Sobers as the first ATGs to be made ineligible.

Feel free to nominate (together with your 3 exclusions) anytime between now and November 7 when this draft will start (allowing 2 weeks for some of the current drafts to conclude).

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
2nd attempt, In please. Ban Shane Warne, Muttiah Muralitharan and Richard Hadlee please. (Happy to ban either Ambrose/Hadlee)