• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ban David Lloyd IMMEDIATELY

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone listening to Sky Sports this morning would have heard David Lloyd say that England deserved a little "rebuke" for the Inzy dismissal.
Here's a little snippet of action from the 1974/75 England Tour of Australia showing David Lloyd "catching" Ian Chappell. This was not only given out but was described by Wisden as a great catch in series notable for remarkable catches.

Anyone wanting to watch click on the link below, scroll down and choose the FREE option then wait to get to first in the queue and click the link to the file named Chappell.mpg.

Not out your honour

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I don't quite know what you're getting at, as I haven't seen that clip yet nor heard what he said, but Bumble's a deity. We should rebel against the current monarchy and set him up as the new king, not ban him.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
steds said:
I don't quite know what you're getting at, as I haven't seen that clip yet nor heard what he said, but Bumble's a deity. We should rebel against the current monarchy and set him up as the new king, not ban him.
Ice Creams and signed copies of "The Lion And Albert" (Marriott Edgar) all round.

"'E'd a stick with an 'orse's 'ead 'andle
The finest that Woolworth's could sell."

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
steds said:
Bumble what a legend!

No one could have said 'theyre has beeen a hyoooooge explosyion' the way bumble said it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I like Bumble. He's my fav commentator on Sky now that Holding is currently in Australia.

When he was talking about the donkeys he's seen in Pakistan for around 10 minutes I couldn't stop laughing.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He was at his 'best' when , after Afrid came in and made his intentions clear with a couple of big hit, " England should be happy with Afridi going for his shots" (or words to that effect hinting that this gave England their best chance of getting a wicket).

Afridi kept it up and so did Lloyd till his fellow commentator intervened and said something like " In that case both England and Pakistan will be happy with this" :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
In the last or the series previous to the last English tour of Pakistan bumble went to a ground near a test ground while a match was on and batted, bowled against local boys playing cricket.

I also remmeber him in the West Indies plastic mini swimming pools outside the boundary ropes. He has actually done that at least twice. A picture of bumble looking at a girl with a look only bumble can manage in the pool is quite priceless. They showed it specially in a tour notifying the picture was from a past tour.

Just few of the millions of legendary feats of bumble.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, that's terrible. I fail to see how the umpire could give that out though, he must've had a pretty clear view (as did the batsman).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Adamc said:
Haha, that's terrible. I fail to see how the umpire could give that out though, he must've had a pretty clear view (as did the batsman).
Earlier there were a lot of crap decisions. The standards of umpiring has improved over the years but because of technology umpires come under scrutiny much more.

SteveG

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Adamc said:
Alan Knott must have had a better view then all of them... 8-)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I finally got the link to work. It's so bad it's funny!

I dread to think what Bell's lynch mob would be calling for if that happened now. Crucifixion? Breaking on the wheel? Or, even worse, transportation to the colonies?!? :D