• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ball design

Merve'sTash

Cricket Spectator
Im soon after 20 odd yrs or so (!) going to start tennis again. But, I remember one aspect that always puts me off a bit: tarmac courts (innevitably/ lamentbly 9/10 local courts are) and the annoying way the ball bounces so high ruining a game.

Ive been pondering the different way a tennis ball/ surface reacts and wonder if there is, like squash balls, a 'slower' ball or, a 'faster' ball (I dont understand 'speed' terms in relation to tennis courts/ balls per se) that's designed for use on a tarmac to possibly mimic the lower less bouncy say astro turf, or ideally a grass court (SO much more enjoyable to play on) Anyone have any idea? has ball technology developed at all or is it just one type still available regardless of its bounce characteristics and/ or what surface its going to be used on?

cheers MT.