• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bairstow

Hughesy1991

Cricket Spectator
Alright lads,

What are your views on Bairstow? from what I have heard the lad is very highly rated and has a decent range of strokes, with a batting average that backs that up. Do you think he has been picked for his potential or could we have unearthed a gem?

Thoughts?

jan

State Vice-Captain
Does ginger scalp play role in selection for team England? Checked the squad for the 1st test and there are two of them. Again...

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Its the lucky Yorkshireman thing might be a sign that Bressie might be the one to miss out in the first test.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Alright lads,

What are your views on Bairstow? from what I have heard the lad is very highly rated and has a decent range of strokes, with a batting average that backs that up. Do you think he has been picked for his potential or could we have unearthed a gem?
Thoughts?
They both relate to one another.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
I like the fact that, for the last two or three seasons, he frequently seems to have got runs when those above him had failed.

Didn't get a ton until last season but before that often seemed to get 70s or 80s before running out of partners after coming in at some down for bugger all.

Looks to have sound enough technique, and a range of shots. The rest is in the head.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah. I've said for a while that one of the reasons his first ton took so long was because he was the one who'd perform on a day when 80 was a good score.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The vision that I saw in another thread actually reminded me a lot of David Hussey. His foot goes to a pretty similar point most balls (on the front foot), and then he relies on his hands doing the work, carving through the ball.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All we found out was he is a good fielder, will certainly get the rest of this series and I guess it depends what he does as to whether he retains his place for the SA series later this year.