• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baggy Green ball tampering: Bancroft, Smith and the Aussie "Leadership Group"

SeamUp

International Coach
Get a grip

India were atrocious in the Oz series last year and cry racism whenever one of their players is called out which inevitably leads to them getting off without punishment

SA are serial ball tamperers and subject to a formal complaint this series. What's more, QDK was hardly a doe-eyed innocent in his altercation with Warner

I havent once tried to defend Oz over this incident or Warner ever but if you think we're an outlier, you're deluded
Come on

I don't think India, South Africa and England are all good little boys. But nothing serious seems to happen when we play each other.

Seems like the common denominator has been against this Australian team culture in recent times.

If anything we should all follow how New Zealand cricket behave as the perfect model. Good cricket with no ego's.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Insane over reaction from CA. An organisation which can’t help ****ing up all they touch. Hope they sue them.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If anything we should all follow how New Zealand cricket behave as the perfect model. Good cricket with no ego's.
But who would serve as a role model to the arseholes that populate the lower grades making what should be a bit of fun intolerable?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty harsh ban that.

Though Icc action was too less as well.

Should have been something in between

SeamUp

International Coach
Insane over reaction from CA. An organisation which can’t help ****ing up all they touch. Hope they sue them.
There will be fall out here, that is for sure. Hence why Sutherland couldn't say the word 'cheat' in case.

Being honest I don't think it would get messy with Smith and Bancroft.

Warner on the other hand...well he is probably feeling ostracized.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Collectively this might be the biggest bit of stupidity ever to happen in cricket.

Really makes he prospect of next season's tests unexciting. A team without its two best batsmen against a team captained by my personal least favourite player, no doubt played on flattish medium paced pitches. Fun times.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The reaction would have been lot cooler had Smith not confessed. Bancroft would cop a ban/fine and everyone would have moved on. None of this bull**** media and general public outrage would take place but its probably inhuman and out of Smith's ethics. So he did the right thing by not throwing Bancroft under the bus. Pretty sure given the circumstances Bancroft would have agreed to cop it alone since he also agreed to tamper like that in the field for so called leadership group. He would take the fall and come back after serving. Now the whole thing got blown out of proportion and I dont agree with the lengthy bans that they are likely to get; reputations being tarnished and CA in shatters. Also they are covering up the full story and truth anyways.

Which situation is better in the broader picture,
1) Bancroft taking the fall alone and serving probably light sanction
2) Smith/Warner/Bancroft in massive trouble as of now and being wrongfully treated as a whole ( assuming they'll get large sanctions)

SeamUp

International Coach
:lol:

Looks like Australia want to take their ball and go home too. Not an uniquely Indian thing anymore?

Cricket Australia ball tampering: Stars want to quit tour, report
Give debuts to Jhye Richardson and Chadd Sayers and play Jon Holland then. Get as many players out of the previous team for this test.

But I really can't see this happening. CA won't let it happen. Ticket sales have already happened too. Pitch preparation. Sponsors prep etc