• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baggy Green ball tampering: Bancroft, Smith and the Aussie "Leadership Group"

Victor Ian

International Coach
You're just upset that SA cricket is so irrelevant. You've had your summer in the limelight and now it's time to turn off the lights as we all forget it ever happened.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's some truth there though. Not in the upset bit, but certainly in the second bit. South African cricket seems to be consistently under the radar, which is not good, indeed it's a very bad thing.

Borges

International Regular
South African cricket seems to be consistently under the radar, which is not good, indeed it's a very bad thing.
They have only themselves to blame; this bunch of nincompoops who tried to organise a mickey mouse tournament of their own and fell flat on there faces even before they got anywhere near the starting line. Even Bangladesh managed to do it without major hiccups, for gods sake!

Son Of Coco

Starc will be **** with the duke IMO, Cummins might be a bit better but who knows. England serve up a few green tops and anything can happen, pedestrian bowlers or not.
England will serve up whatever it is that best suits them for the week.

#CheatingEnglish****s

Shri

Mr. Glass
I think a 'Road to the Ashes' thread is called for.

The Indians already have a 'Read to the World Cup' thread; ugh, the very thought of lagging behind the Indians!
They are all a bit miffed right now: an immovable object called MSD has plonked itself square in the middle of that long road, blocking the way forward. At the moment they have no option other than to go around in circles; this is the opportune time to overtake them,
Why do you refer to the indians in the third person, turd person?

Borges

International Regular
Why do you refer to the indians in the third person, turd person?
If I come across a toy, which looks like a grotesque cat-like creature, for which some electronic wizard had devised a mechanism by which if you pulled on its tail, it would make a loud squawking noise, I have this irresistible urge to test it at once by pulling its tail.

Though I hadn't really expected that this thing was programmed to emit its delightful caterwaul after a perceptible delay. Very clever idea that; very charming indeed!

Shri

Mr. Glass
If I come across a toy, which looks like a grotesque cat-like creature, for which some electronic wizard had devised a mechanism by which if you pulled on its tail, it would make a loud squawking noise, I have this irresistible urge to test it at once by pulling its tail.

Though I hadn't really expected that this thing was programmed to emit its delightful caterwaul after a perceptible delay. Very clever idea that; very charming indeed!
Weird.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Cute.

Starfighter

Sigged.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant

?

Gnske

So, how do we all feel in retrospect? Especially given the dust and bones had settled before the last post in this thread had been made arguably.

Now it just feels somewhat annoying that it took place. Which feels highly hypocritical knowing what my posts were like earlier in the thread. The takeaways for me:

1. Smith didn't seem equipped as an individual to handle the situation and compounded the situation to his detriment. The 'mateship' clause was enacted poorly and without thought. I'd still love to know the methodological process behind that press conference with Bancroft;

2. Warner cracked again under pressure in his life in general, and dragged two others down with him this time in his low state;

3. They all could have come back far sooner with only the partisans really giving a damn; and

4. The question might still be asked, if it even still matters. I'm interested to know if it does. Does Australian cricket need David Warner?