• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

aw no

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think I've figured it out and I'm just a mong, will go back and fix what I can. I thought YT videos had issues with playback on external websites at times though? Certainly its what I get.
At least some channels can disable embedded videos, CA is one that does.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon there's at least one "aw no" as a result of his constant stupid pop-up pull shot dismissal

Gnske

I reckon there's at least one "aw no" as a result of his constant stupid pop-up pull shot dismissal
Oh for sure.

Looking into some South African examples as I feel Dean Elgar would have a few over the years. Would suggest Hales as a potential target additionally if anyone wishes to investigate, particularly from his test career.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Was partly inspired by this thread as I uttered the infamous "aw, no" when I knocked a dozen eggs onto my kitchen floor this evening

Any examples of it being used in the field?

Gnske

I thought I saw Neil Wagner maybe using it from the Aus series in one of those highlights videos, but it was hard to tell given how he usually bellows

Spikey

Was partly inspired by this thread as I uttered the infamous "aw, no" when I knocked a dozen eggs onto my kitchen floor this evening

Any examples of it being used in the field?
I think it'd need to be in a T20 game where they're mic'd up. I suppose keepers to spinners could get captured on the stump mic as could bowlers

Starfighter

I think it'd need to be in a T20 game where they're mic'd up. I suppose keepers to spinners could get captured on the stump mic as could bowlers
I posted earlier that Stoinis said it when mic'd up and the ball was hit over his head at Manuka (same match as Hales)

Spikey

Spikey

Liam Livingstone getting his balls concussed in the BBL

Liam Livingstone - Scorchers vs Renegades, Geelong, Jan 7 2020 (https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...h-scorchers-26th-match-1195598/full-scorecard).
this has just happened again, waiting for video

6.3 Coulter-Nile to Livingstone, no run
hits him where it hurts Livingstone the most! Slower ball length ball on off and angling in. Misses the flick, and might have hit him on the box

50th Match (N), Melbourne, Jan 23 2021, Big Bash League
Perth Scorchers Melbourne Stars

Daemon

A rare "aw no" reprieve

Ball to Wade, 2 runs
Dropped on the off side! On length outside off and Wade went after it with a big swing, only got a leading edge, and Hughes ran back from extra cover, extended both his hands over his head but didn't judge it properly to get to it on time

Hobart vs Sixers