• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Averaging 50 with the ball gets you in the World XI?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
I don't think many people had a problem with him being picked in the ODI side. (Atleast, not me) It is the test side where I still think Kumble should have been picked ahead of him. I will stand by that even if he takes all 20 wickets.
DITTO

He is by and far the best batsman amongst spinners thus unless he was competing with giants like Warne and Murali, his place would be assured for the limited overs game. Istill hold him below the best in the test arena, though I must admit, in the last series he seemed a much improved bowler.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
honestbharani said:
I don't think many people had a problem with him being picked in the ODI side. (Atleast, not me) It is the test side where I still think Kumble should have been picked ahead of him. I will stand by that even if he takes all 20 wickets.
True, but I think the variation in length, flight and pace he showed in his spell yesterday suggested that he has the ability required to justify his selection in the test.

Probably just blatant bias from me though.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he'll do well in the test if he's picked. He'll definately trouble Australia with the ball and recently he's got an outstanding test record with the bat..he'll be very handy to have at #9 or #10.

thierry henry

International Coach
Has nothing to do with this thread. It is strictly about test cricket. Vettori has been a very good ODI bowler in recent years, extremely economical.

It wouldn't entirely surprised me if he turned in a SOLID performance against the tests, cos Australia just can't play him for some reason. However his general test performances are hardly worthy of consideration, and that is my point.