• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Averagest averageness

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
To go with the peak and trough thread. Anyone who had a long period of doing alright without actually achieving a great deal. Can't think of anyone offhand and Statsguru is my pet hate - I just like the thread title.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bradman didn't really have a peaky or troughy career. He just kind of consistently played to his average. Hack.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dimuth Karaunatre

Chris Harris

Brett Lee. Lee especially was so unmemorable if it wasn't for his speed. Always good for a 2 fer, with one of them being a lightning quick Yorker to a number 10

Dude didn't even take 6 wickets in an international innings

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chris Martin is a very good shout

Makhaya Ntini
Javagal Srinath

OverratedSanity

Dimuth Karaunatre

Chris Harris

Brett Lee. Lee especially was so unmemorable if it wasn't for his speed. Always good for a 2 fer, with one of them being a lightning quick Yorker to a number 10

Dude didn't even take 6 wickets in an international innings
Lee's "peak" would probably be his initial year or so or that stretch in 07-08 where he was leading the attack and was genuinely bowling well. Other than that he was just reliably meh

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
A corollary of Mean Value Theorem should imply that every player would have a very average averageness period of any length you choose although I don't have a ready proof and internet didn't oblige.

#GeekinessRulez #CloseTheThread

Last edited:

Daemon

Daniel Vettori

Chris Martin
The more I think about it, New Zealand as a whole is pretty average. Hadlee is an exception of course.

Even as far as ATGs go, Crowe is a very average one. I expect KW will break the trend.