• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's Test Squad for England and West Indies

Spark

Global Moderator
Nothing quite like someone passionately arguing in a debate that literally no one else is interested in.

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
I don't even really get what the debate is. That in the last 3.5 years Lyon hasn't achieved as much at Vettori did in his career?

Spark

Global Moderator
Apparently Lyon's career hasn't been as good as Vettori's and this is really important for some reason.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently Lyon's career hasn't been as good as Vettori's and this is really important for some reason.
Yeah, you may as well argue Shane Warne is the best non-subcontinential spinner. Because his career is far better than Lyon's.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Wonder if they will try Ahmed in WI or if he is just there till Lyon doesn't roll England like Warne and gets dropped? Playing both in the WI with no Ryno is an option if the pitches are condusive. A bagful of WI wickets would distract the selectors for sure.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Likelihood of us playing both Watto and MMarsh in the WIs so Fawad and Lyon can both play and have a spin off?

Apparently WI pitches take spin?

TheJediBrah

2 spinners in Windies could be very likely. Especially since we've got several seaming all-rounders.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah the WI is interesting now because a lot of the pitches seriously turn but they've just adopted the Duke which means you'll get early swing too. If anything, the team would be better off with two spinners and a swing bowler (ie. Starc), rather than playing both Johnson and Haze.. but I'm sure they'll both play.

Spark

Global Moderator
does anyone think the selectors will go a bit mad and decide to pick starc over haze purely on the back of one-dayers?

morgieb

does anyone think the selectors will go a bit mad and decide to pick starc over haze purely on the back of one-dayers?
Yeah I'm a bit concerned. Although given we're using the Duke in the West Indies it probably is less alarming than what it should be.

And Starc will become a proper Test bowler sooner rather than later IMO.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
MJ, Haze, Lyon and Ahmed could play as the 4 bowlers. MM and Watson don't both have to play. I wouldn't play Ahmed but if the selectors want a look before England he's almost guaranteed 1 game. Did the SS final vault Ahmed past Lyon into the team? Are the selectors over the search for the next Warne that led us to Beer...

Spark

Global Moderator
i doubt mmarsh will play regardless tbh. really hope we put watson down the order again, though. why on earth we reverted to him at #3 again having shunted him down to #6 in SA, i have no clue.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i doubt mmarsh will play regardless tbh. really hope we put watson down the order again, though. why on earth we reverted to him at #3 again having shunted him down to #6 in SA, i have no clue.
Apparently all paths lead to Watson whenever a new no.3 bat gets dropped.