• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2020/21

the big bambino

International Captain
I should point out that my opinion expressed earlier regarding Maxwell was done in the context of the thread's title, "Australian Test Selection 2020/21".
I agree that he may have been unfairly overlooked by selectors in the past, especially with regard to having the opportunity to represent his country at home.
Coulda been worse. Coulda been Callum Ferguson. Plenty have been treated unfairly but Maxi’s had plenty of international as opposed to just test opportunities and hasn’t really nailed them.

Flem274*

123/5
maxwell isn't as unlucky as a brad hodge but his continual non-selection in favour of mitch marsh et al stinking up the joint was pretty unlucky.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Coulda been worse. Coulda been Callum Ferguson. Plenty have been treated unfairly but Maxi’s had plenty of international as opposed to just test opportunities and hasn’t really nailed them.
This is also true, result of him being pigeon-holed. Played more ODIs than he should have, but not played as many Tests as she should have.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Callum Ferguson. Getting 1 test then getting dropped is woeful treatment by the selectors. If a guy is good enough to get selected in a test match, surely he gets at least 3 tests to show what he's got.

Worst treatment of an Aus cricketer I've seen.

Burgey

Yeah absolutely appalling. And to think one of his dismissal was a run out too.

Bowling equivalent was Bollinger's last test. Diabolical.

TheJediBrah

Callum Ferguson. Getting 1 test then getting dropped is woeful treatment by the selectors. If a guy is good enough to get selected in a test match, surely he gets at least 3 tests to show what he's got.

Worst treatment of an Aus cricketer I've seen.
Even funnier that it was followed up by cleaning house and Nic Maddinson coming in to replace him, who then got 3 Tests failing miserably despite earning no where near the kind of chance Ferguson should have

Midwinter

State Captain
Even funnier that it was followed up by cleaning house and Nic Maddinson coming in to replace him, who then got 3 Tests failing miserably despite earning no where near the kind of chance Ferguson should have
Dont forget also dropping Neville for not winning tests with his batting despite him doing better than the top order failures and then bringing in Wade who takes three tests to get a score better than Neville had made.

And then there is Joe Mennie.....

morgieb

Mennie getting dumped was fair enough I think. Really wasn't up to Test standard.

Nevill's treatment was awful though. I get that he hadn't done well in the Tests he played but he was set up to fail. Either he came in at 5/500 (and couldn't score runs) or 5/100 (and had to basically stave off a collapse in tricky batting situations). When this wasn't the case his numbers were actually fairly OK. In saying that, he did lose form significantly at FC level after a while.

Ferguson and Burns were also hard done by.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Paines batting has only been slighty better than Nevills and his keeping id say has been worse

But good captain