• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2020/21

aussie tragic

International Captain
Just read an article where Warner and Starc expressed concern about the ongoing bubbles for players that are in all formats. Huge impact on their families and it was hinted that some multi format players may skip tours in 2021.

Given the SA Test tour is scheduled the same time as the NZ T20 tour, I'm predicting Warner and Starc (and maybe Smith?) to skip the SA tour for the shorter, possibly no quarantine NZ tour (especially as T20 WC is next year so higher focus)

PossibleTest XI in SA?

Burns
Pucovski
Labuschagne
Maddinson
Head
Green
Paine +*
Abbott / Neser
Cummins
Lyon
Hazlewood

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd be really surprised if those blokes missed the test tour to play a T20 series tbh. Particularly Smith, who I imagine will attend SA with great vengeance and furious anger on his agenda.

Edit: Possible exception being Warner, he has young kids.

aussie tragic

International Captain
And apparently Warner hasn't seen his wife and kids for over 100 days already before the summer has even started

I'm betting he'll definitely take the non quarantine NZ option (saves a month in quarantine) that also doesn't have the SA fans hassling his wife again.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
For Starc, I assume it will be more complicated coz his wife is playing too and she will have her own share of time in the bubbles and they will have to co-ordinate their downtime etc. Must be crazy tough as it is but with covid, its just hell now for them I think.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
While I understand it might be somewhat difficult for elite sportspeople in these scenarios, it's nothing compared to what medical staff are going thru in hard hit Covid areas. Many are living apart from families, or sleeping in their garages in order to protect vulnerable immunocompromised members of their families. Many have been doing so for month in some countries.

I don'y really have a lot of tolerance for elite sportsmen complaining hub or bubble life is hard on them. They're getting well paid and they're relatively safe. There's plenty of people doing it a hell of a lot tougher and elite sportspeople should be reminded of that fact.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
While I understand it might be somewhat difficult for elite sportspeople in these scenarios, it's nothing compared to what medical staff are going thru in hard hit Covid areas. Many are living apart from families, or sleeping in their garages in order to protect vulnerable immunocompromised members of their families. Many have been doing so for month in some countries.

I don'y really have a lot of tolerance for elite sportsmen complaining hub or bubble life is hard on them. They're getting well paid and they're relatively safe. There's plenty of people doing it a hell of a lot tougher and elite sportspeople should be reminded of that fact.
While all of what you've said about medical personnel is entirely true, I disagree with you. It's hard loving away from loved ones, even if you love what you're doing. Just because others are doing it tougher doesn't mean you can't draw attention to the fact that constant quarantine is really difficult.

I honestly don't know how I'd cope without my SO around. It'd be horrid.

Spikey

what does this actually have to do with anything

Spikey

For Starc, I assume it will be more complicated coz his wife is playing too and she will have her own share of time in the bubbles and they will have to co-ordinate their downtime etc. Must be crazy tough as it is but with covid, its just hell now for them I think.
in regards to starc and healy, he recently joined the WBBL hub following the removal of some restrictions. they were a chance to not see each other until mid January prior to that

but i mean they're not medical staff so they can get ****ed imo

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Just read an article where Warner and Starc expressed concern about the ongoing bubbles for players that are in all formats. Huge impact on their families and it was hinted that some multi format players may skip tours in 2021.

Given the SA Test tour is scheduled the same time as the NZ T20 tour, I'm predicting Warner and Starc (and maybe Smith?) to skip the SA tour for the shorter, possibly no quarantine NZ tour (especially as T20 WC is next year so higher focus)

PossibleTest XI in SA?

Burns
Pucovski
Labuschagne
Maddinson
Head
Green
Paine +*
Abbott / Neser
Cummins
Lyon
Hazlewood
I know that SA are really struggling atm, but picking a team like that might cost Australia a place in the World Test Championship final. I'd like to see a full strength Aus T20 team come over here though.