• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Off Season 2017

brockley

International Captain
Nick Buchanan from Qld,Charlie Wakim from NSW,and I gather Tom Rogers from ACT joined Tasmanian squad,as well as Mathew Wade.
BTW their talk Handscomb could keep in Bangladesh,and that Australia could play 5 bowlers including Agar.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brockers, I heard an i/v with Ben Rohrer on the radio a couple of months back saying he was heading to Tassie in a coaching/ development role. It seems as though they're in the process of rebuilding their set up from the ground up. IIRC Rohrer made it pretty clear there was no way he would be playing, and his role was strictly off-field. Have you heard anything about whether he might have an on-field role as well?

Midwinter

State Captain
Are Tassie building their setup from the gound up or are they importing a new one ?

Handscomb keeping ?

Why wont they ever learn ?

Burgey

Yeah it's bad enough having Wade there (albeit he was better than expected in India, which isn't saying much) let alone having a worse keeper take the gloves. It's like they're trying to make a bits and pieces team and put the pieces together as they go. Not a fan of it tbh.

brockley

International Captain
No Roher recruiting officer,just Big Bash for Thunder.
He had an awful season for NSW in the Futures cup,definitely deteriorated over the years.

Spikey

I hope Victoria tries to make Maxwell captain and he tells them to **** off

but he won't because he's a nice boy

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
One day tournament is starting September 27(before AFL and NRL Grand Finals)- Shield starts Oct 26th.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably won't make any difference to be honest, and raises the ugly spectre of a drop in pitch as a sop for the sooking AFL players. Whoever takes over needs to leave some more grass, and use a little less rolling.

Quiney's retired from first class cricket, but not before producing its most significant ever nine.

TheJediBrah

Give me a contract. I'll do about as much bowling in International cricket as Billy Stanlake will over the next year

brockley

International Captain
In trial QLD 9/270 odd Nesar 97 vs Redbacks.
In oter matches National Academy bt Indigineous xl and PNG Josh Inglis a ton,and Jake Doran 98.Indigineous xl and PNG a tie.

brockley

International Captain
Rednbacks bt Academy Tom Cooper 100,while Jake Doran 88 for the Academy.
National Idigenous squad squad bts Vics,but Vics bt PNG in 2 T20's.