• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2022-23

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
BBL starting up tomorrow. Any exciting young players to watch out for this season? Some lad was smashing 1//'s for fun in the KFC T20 max earlier this year but he's only an injury replacement for the heat.

Spark

Global Moderator
Mike Baird is going to be the next CA chairman. Not a popular choice with quite a few members of this forum, I can imagine (though AFAIK the chairman doesn't have much say in proceedings, the CEO is where the power is).
I'm not enthused about it but it's an improvement on the mining industry ghouls they had sucking the lifeblood out of the sport since 2018.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I saw something about Fox's argument that they should keep the rights (as they don't have the money) is something about that they can better promote the game or something like that. I know you have to spin things, but that's 100% opposite the ruth.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Australian U19 squad named

Must say I haven't really been able to follow this as closely as I would have liked. Not really sure what are the names to look out for?

Salzmann springs to mind of course, but he didn't bowl due to injury and is too old for the next U19WC anyway. I know Joel Davies gunned it in the recent U19 nationals, has had a bit of hype around him already, although arguably not as much as his brother at a similar age. On the bowling side of things Beardman of WA looks a lively customer.

Would have been nice if they could have found a place for Hamish Case, tall middle order bat who also can bowl some useful meds, leading South Australian run scorer by quite a bit

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Deadbacks Shield Squad named. Weatherald taking a break. No Spencer Johnson unfortunately. Suggest the likely starting XI from the squad named will be like this

HJ Hunt
JM Carder
DR Drew
NA McSweeney
JS Lehmann
HJ Nielsen
NJ McAndrew
BAD Manenti
WA Agar
BJ Doggett
JSD Buckingham

Thomas Kelly likely 12th man although they may play him instead of one of the quicks

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
So good to see Shield cricket back, even if the MCG has seemingly reverted back to having the Monash Freeway in the middle of it