• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian domestic season 2021/22

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he's probably one 50+ average season away from a callup. With Warner's age and Pucovski's problems there's definitely a gap up the top in due course. Just a matter of keeping his current form up and maybe adding some scoring strike power.

Of course he might well be fighting with Tim Ward for it, lol.
For the first time in a while I'm excited for our opening potential tbh. Street, ward, puc and Whiteman all seem absolute class. I thought the same thing as ward with Solway and that didn't go to well though tbf.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tas are ****s. Uzzy made a great gesture by declaring behind and they are just using it as batting practice.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Tas, 10 runs in the last 5 overs since Ward got out, with only 2 wkts down, lead by 298 with 61 overs left.
Will they declare.?

TheJediBrah

For the first time in a while I'm excited for our opening potential tbh. Street, ward, puc and Whiteman all seem absolute class. I thought the same thing as ward with Solway and that didn't go to well though tbf.
Or all our wickets are roads making everyone look good. Remember Harris and Bancroft dominated the Shield just as much, if not more.

morgieb

Or all our wickets are roads making everyone look good. Remember Harris and Bancroft dominated the Shield just as much, if not more.
Bancroft did not dominate Shield cricket and Harris just has a **** ticker. Pucovski in particular has a far better Shield average than those two.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You honestly telling me you don't think all the "promising" opening batting talent popping up has a bit to do with the flat wickets?
You gave Harris and Bancroft as prior examples who dominated 'as much, if not more', batsmen whose career averages peaked at about 38.

TheJediBrah

You gave Harris and Bancroft as prior examples who dominated 'as much, if not more', batsmen whose career averages peaked at about 38.
ffs if I wasn't clear that wasn't the actual point. Forget Harris and Bancroft, they were **** examples

TheJediBrah

Anyway I'm not disagreeing at all. It looks great but I'm just not going to be overly optimistic about these young guys when the wickets have been so flat. Similar thing already could have happened Cameron Green, he might not be as good as we all thought.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Tjb has a point but not in the way he ment I think. Bancroft dominated last season and so did Harris, and that's where most of the openers did well.

Don't agree RE:green, last 3 seasons he's consistently looked a class above everyone else and had the best debut series for an Aussie #6 since Clarke in a fairly low scoring series where he got out declaration batting more often than not, wouldn't call that a "failure."

Burgey

Is there any reason why they can't throw some water on a few of these decks? It's not like there's a massive gate on day four ffs.