• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian domestic season 2021/22

Shady Slim

International Coach
i actually can speak italian so i can settle this

it's more or less rocky-chee-oli (as how you'd say ravioli). the trick with italian is "ch" is "k" and "c(vowel)" is "ch(vowel)". and thank you for attending Italian Corner With Shady Slim

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All academic anyway because after this 1-140 against the worst team in the comp, 6 of whose top 7 are lefties designed to suit him perfectly, he's done. Never need to worry about pronouncing his name again

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
In completely different news, ex Aus U19 quick Connor Sully is in the QLD side for the Shield game starting tuesday. Bowled impressively back in the U19WC, also made an rapid unbeaten 30odd to win a tight chase against the poms. Sounds like he has added another half yard of pace since then, hope they give him a game

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I remember that connor sully cameo vs england in the u19WC, was crazy impressive. Don't recall much about his bowling aside from him apparently being quick. Hope he's treated well

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I remember that connor sully cameo vs england in the u19WC, was crazy impressive. Don't recall much about his bowling aside from him apparently being quick. Hope he's treated well
I wouldn't say he was express as such back then, fastest of the aussie side but largely mid to high 130s generally, but he has a pretty smooth, upright action, got good bounce even of a fuller length. Hope he gets a game as I would be very interested to see how quick he is bowling and what his action looks like now

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wouldn't say he was express as such back then, fastest of the aussie side but largely mid to high 130s generally, but he has a pretty smooth, upright action, got good bounce even of a fuller length. Hope he gets a game as I would be very interested to see how quick he is bowling and what his action looks like now
He was very sharp before his most recent injury

Struggles to stay on the paddock though so hopefully can stay fit for a while

tony p

First Class Debutant
It's far to early for the season to be starting, haven't watched a ball of it yet.
The Football only finished last night, I need a week or two to unwind after that, as well as the county championship just finishing.

archie mac

International Coach
So I have booked in for the Perth Test - I have one spare day and possibly two if the 5th day is not required. What are must do's in Perth?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Has green ever made runs on decks that aren't absolute roads? I know that he can only play on the pitches he's given and all but his known test frauds like marsh and head have produced similar shield output to him over the same window of time. Only knock I remember is his ton vs India A and even then he got dropped 2-3 times.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
CA's coverage of the domestic season so far has been pissoir. Didn't have a bloody overlay for the first half of the marsh cup, have yet to give a definitive squad for the shield game Tasmania are playing TOMMOROW while reporting 100 different things, live scorecard updater either crashing or not keeping up to date regularly in the WA game, and unlike last season there's no ****ing highlights. Last shield season there was a highlight of every boundary and wicket and a century/5fer/end of day highlights within a few hours of the game on the CA youtube channel. Now they've just completely given up on uploading the century/5fer highlights to the CA channel, while the actual day highlights have missed tons of ****.

All these issues while they've been able to pump out fairly accurate daily IPL articles. I understand that covid has made the season fairly uncertain, but covid was an issue last season as well, arguably more prevalent then it is now, and they did a far better job.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is anyone aware whether former Parramatta and future Australian opening batsman Tim Ward is playing for Tasmania tomorrow?

tony p

First Class Debutant
So I have booked in for the Perth Test - I have one spare day and possibly two if the 5th day is not required. What are must do's in Perth?
I live in Perth, if the Test happens, and not definite yet, after your quarantine i suggest a day trip by ferry to Rottnest Island. ( it's about 10 miles or so from mainland Perth. You can hire a bike and ride around and see the magnificent Quokka's, a small wallaby. Roger Federer swears by them. LOL

Spark

Global Moderator
CA's coverage of the domestic season so far has been pissoir. Didn't have a bloody overlay for the first half of the marsh cup, have yet to give a definitive squad for the shield game Tasmania are playing TOMMOROW while reporting 100 different things, live scorecard updater either crashing or not keeping up to date regularly in the WA game, and unlike last season there's no ****ing highlights. Last shield season there was a highlight of every boundary and wicket and a century/5fer/end of day highlights within a few hours of the game on the CA youtube channel. Now they've just completely given up on uploading the century/5fer highlights to the CA channel, while the actual day highlights have missed tons of ****.

All these issues while they've been able to pump out fairly accurate daily IPL articles. I understand that covid has made the season fairly uncertain, but covid was an issue last season as well, arguably more prevalent then it is now, and they did a far better job.
That's because most people care about the international players and that's where most of them are, for better or worse. Engagement numbers talk.