• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian domestic season 2021/22

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, and I think pretty much exactly what you would expect about that

Still, gives me something to do for the next couple of days
Ah, you also agree that playing those OD games at the start of the season instead of working to squeeze in more shield was an inexcusable waste of time

morgieb

I love how even when they picked a bunch of no-names they still picked seven bowlers with a #9 at 7 and three #11s.
Unless I have a different source to you is there 7 bowlers? I count Copeland, Tremain, Conway, Tanveer and Kerr as the all-rounder. Unless you’re counting JSangha and Edwards as bowlers…?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Unless I have a different source to you is there 7 bowlers? I count Copeland, Tremain, Conway, Tanveer and Kerr as the all-rounder. Unless you’re counting JSangha and Edwards as bowlers…?
Yeah artistic license with those fetuses, but when you have two batting allrounders in the top order you definitely don't need to have a tail like a rapid antigen test.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah, you also agree that playing those OD games at the start of the season instead of working to squeeze in more shield was an inexcusable waste of time
Hindsight is wonderful

The one day tournament peaked back when it was the Mercantile Mutual Cup. All downhill from there. And not just because of how good the old jingle was

Burgey

A Sangha-fail day is a rainbow day to me. Hopefully Edwards nicks off early tomorrow too.

Street & Hunt both failing sees stocks in Tim Ward Inc & Burgey Ltd on the rise.

morgieb

stupid KPat broke a finger for the dumb WA team. Nevill has a shoulder issue. dunno where Gilkes is
I mean Gilkes has been awful all season. Even with Patterson & Henriques out he kind of had to go. Even Spud Edwards would probably do better (though in fairness I don't know why he wasn't playing the Second XI matches then).

Shady Slim

International Coach
A Sangha-fail day is a rainbow day to me. Hopefully Edwards nicks off early tomorrow too.

Street & Hunt both failing sees stocks in Tim Ward Inc & Burgey Ltd on the rise.
incredible move to correctly use the two publicly listed company postnominals instead of incorrectly using pty ltd to consummate the stocks joke

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ton to Daniel Drew

Great innings, genuinely pleased for him. Been absolutely dominating in grade cricket this season, but this was a different sort of knock. Had to really work for it, Boland especially gave him some greif early on yesterday, but he kept chipping away and now has a well deserved century

Would think the SACAs might be looking to accelerate soonish, easier said than done though

Spikey

incredible move to correctly use the two publicly listed company postnominals instead of incorrectly using pty ltd to consummate the stocks joke
Stocks in Shady Slim Pty Ltd have crashed to record lows, get the **** outta here nerd

Shady Slim

International Coach
Stocks in Shady Slim Pty Ltd have crashed to record lows, get the **** outta here nerd
oh noooo the nominally valued shares in a holding company are now valueless

thankfully due to the lack of meaningful phoenixing prevention in this country Shady Slim Enterprises Pty Ltd is on the march

Shady Slim

International Coach
ryan hackney, who debuted for nsw, played juniors with shady slim

all i'm saying is there's potential i could have made more runs than he did yesterday, all i'm saying! (nah seriously though wonderful to see a mountains kid get a run)

morgieb

I know having Patterson & Henriques unavailable doesn’t help, but surely Hughes being the only one scoring runs should be a sign for NSW to change strategy? I don’t know who’s scoring runs at the next level down but whatever NSW is doing with the bat isn’t working.

EDIT: That said the bowling did dismiss a strong Top 4 relatively cheaply so the pitch might be doing something.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Its an interesting question, who are the modern day Greg Mails and Grant Lamberts of the world, and would they actually be any better than the GChappell approved foetuses they are playing now

morgieb

Its an interesting question, who are the modern day Greg Mails and Grant Lamberts of the world, and would they actually be any better than the GChappell approved foetuses they are playing now
Probably the closest would be Nick Larkin, I guess. Maybe he’d be slightly better but is that enough of an upgrade to be worth it? Dunno.

Hackney has actually been really well performed in Grade Cricket too, whereas Sangha and Kerr are coming off excellent BBL seasons, so apart from maybe Edwards the selections themselves make sense. But it really reeks of putting Pathways over what makes the most sense for the team.