• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian domestic season 2021/22

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was a great catch by Philippe. Very hard to take those, pretty big deflection from the reverse sweep.

(it was given not out btw)

morgieb

it got siddle 60 more tests than he deserved tbf
You're lucky NUFAN ain't here to see this.

I do agree that Starc fronting up for tours when it was easy for him to take the cash should be in his favour. But not to such a degree that his spot is bulletproof. I still would probably pick him for the first Test though as I'm still worried about Richardson, but if Starc bowls **** in the Shield and Richardson's body holds up then....

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Sad about Pattinson; was absolutely brilliant in his debut Test season in 11/12 but due mainly to injury he never reached those heights again.

Amazing to think that Pattinson, Lyon, Starc and Cummins all made their Test debut in 2011 (Hazlewood was 2014). Basically been the same quartet since Cummins returned to Tests in early 2017.

Because they've stuck with the same quartet for so long can't really seeing Australia going with anyone else regardless of form for an Ashes series.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sounds like if he does well in a couple shield matches he'll answer a call up though
It sounds like the constant injury problems - as well as the freak accident last summer - have worn him down mentally. Not a huge surprise tbh when you think about it.

Burgey

Decent game of cricket that. Tassie in reasonable shape this year. Wouldn't think they'd lose many of their current squad to the test side. Paine obviously and possibly Wade. But otherwise that's probably it. I think Freeman is a bit limited to bowl them to wins if they're on drier surfaces, but otherwise they look ok. Wade in the middle order will strengthen them, and I think the move of Silk down the order will work for him and their side. Siddle will do Siddle things and be the old pro bowler, too.

Low key shot at making he final this year I think.

Burgey

You'd hope so. It's bad enough wasting money on a private high school for your sprog, but to send them to a private primary school is wilfully negligent parenting and money management.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i hope with pattinson retiring BIG NES is made the first cab off the rank next time we tour england if he's still going around.

one day i hope the australian selectors will pick a genuine swing bowler when touring england in the first team; one day they will do it surely

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i hope with pattinson retiring BIG NES is made the first cab off the rank next time we tour england if he's still going around.

one day i hope the australian selectors will pick a genuine swing bowler when touring england in the first team; one day they will do it surely
@Spikey is still tasting Hilfenhaus I believe.

Burgey

JRich would be the bloke to fill that role, fitness permitting. He's quicker and better than Neser, who's really just a moderate upgrade on Anderson.

TheJediBrah

I still remember the first day of the 2013 Ashes going in with Starc and Pattinson with the new ball. Patto was ok but fmd you couldn't find 2 bowlers less suited to the conditions. Picking Mark Cosgrove as a bowler would have been better.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

but fmd you couldn't find 2 bowlers less suited to the conditions. Picking Mark Cosgrove as a bowler would have been better.
You see I kinda disagree with that. Starc and Pattinson were both capable enough swing bowlers at the time, much more so than they are now, though Pattinson could be wayward when it was really going (he had an awful ODI at Perth in 2014). They both just bowled absolute rubbish on that morning. That it was only their second match with the Dukes ball in England wouldn't have helped.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

I thought that already happened a year or 2 ago and he was going to play in England instead or something