• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian domestic season 2021/22

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Moises's problem is that he's basically shunted it whenever he's played international cricket he's shunted it. Even against not so great attacks.

Burgey

CanDo!

First rock. That's long. Lol bloke walking his kelpie next to the ground looks like he tossed it back to the fielder. Love it.

Last edited:

Burgey

hahahah that would have been the most insane boundary toss-back catch ever if it had come off.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Moises's problem is that he's basically shunted it whenever he's played international cricket he's shunted it. Even against not so great attacks.
tbh i don't care for his record in "international cricket", talking tests so i only really care about the long form - and true as it may be his record isn't particularly stellar it's four tests, some of which were being thrust in as the "funky pick" once series were already lost in a demoralised squad. hardly compares to the run of chances head's been given in very favourable situations in which he's done sweet heck all whenever there's been pressure...

re what was said by burgey on the page prior, yeah he's a bit old - i see the pick only as a stopgap; takes over the captaincy from paine while green or marn00s can get some domestix captaincy experience and guys like, yeah, tim ward, or whoever, get a bit more time in aus domestix (and hopefully get a county stint or the opportunity to play first class in another country too)

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly think marnus is a bit shot atm. Couldn't buy a running Qld grade cricket this season and did **** all in county. There's been moments of random greatness like the 250 for Glamorgan 2nd's or his blast campaign, but don't think heyll be producing the sheer weight of time he has been since the 2019 county stint.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wouldn't really have a problem with Moises over Head. I'd pick Head personally but I wouldn't be outraged or give you daily updates; there's plenty of logic to it. Maxwell, Pucovski and Khawaja also have good cases, although the latter two would be better suited batting higher up.

It's Wade where I draw the line.

**** Wade.

Spark

Global Moderator
Honestly think marnus is a bit shot atm. Couldn't buy a running Qld grade cricket this season and did **** all in county. There's been moments of random greatness like the 250 for Glamorgan 2nd's or his blast campaign, but don't think heyll be producing the sheer weight of time he has been since the 2019 county stint.
I mean it could well be the "managing effort" thing you see from a lot of top players when they play domestic cricket but yeah this was why I always held off on saying he's world class on the back of basically one and a half good seasons.

Shady Slim

International Coach
could street come in to the middle order as an anchor man? this middle could do well for someone who, even if only getting travis head esque scores can at least do it in 100 balls rather than 60

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep, I think Marnus is a very good batsman but I think his current average flatters him somewhat. He's probably due a lean season.

Spark

Global Moderator
@Spark I think Marnus is plainly genuine test quality, but strikes me as a 40-45 average player (which I'll take in a heartbeat at three) rather than a 50-55 player.

Also, did you capitalize your username, or has it always been thus?
it's certainly always been like that on here. but yeah that was my vibe too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Will say this and plz do take this with a pinch of salt as I am a fan of Marnus, but averaging 40-45 in this era is almost as good as averaging 50-55 in the noughties.