• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian domestic season 2021/22

Spark

Global Moderator
Morne Morkel commentating on aus domestix, I don't entirely understand why but I love it
Once again I'm reminded that there's actually a pretty healthy number of top tier retired international cricketers who basically live in Australia from elsewhere but who seemingly haven't been approached to help either the national or state associations with advice or training.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Once again I'm reminded that there's actually a pretty healthy number of top tier retired international cricketers who basically live in Australia from elsewhere but who seemingly haven't been approached to help either the national or state associations with advice or training.
It's a huge oversight by the various State and national boards.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely. Seems a missed oppurtunity to not make use of that

When he retired he basically did so because his girlfriend was an Aussie and they wanted to spend as much time here as possible, so it didn't surprise me at all. He lives here.
I know all of this, was more thinking that Morne never seemed to say much at all for most of his career, certainly wouldn't have thought he would be intetested in commentary

Shady Slim

International Coach
i have no problem with travis head in the team for LOIs. should be a million miles away from the tests howsoever

picking players for the long form based on LOIs demonstrates clownery of the highest order

Burgey

I love that when you click on the link to this match on the CA website, it takes you to the scorecard of match 11 of the 2020 under 19 WC.

Was a pretty big win for India over Japan ftr.

morgieb

i have no problem with travis head in the team for LOIs. should be a million miles away from the tests howsoever

picking players for the long form based on LOIs demonstrates clownery of the highest order
OK, let's look at his recent FC performances.....

....oh wait, he scored 163 last dig.

Shady Slim

International Coach
OK, let's look at his recent FC performances.....

....oh wait, he scored 163 last dig.
compare that to his record at test level which is consistent failures whenever he hasn't played an attack that you or i would put a hundred and fifty on

i have no doubt that he'll fill his boots against a ****house english attack this summer in a 5-0 romp that the casual fans will love. doesn't mean that he's good or warrants the spot tbh

Burgey

Head is a better option in the middle order for Aus than Wade (obviously) and also pretty much every other contender. Averages a most respectable 42 against the reigning world test champions, too. Who would be a better option in the middle order among current Aus batsmen?

Shady Slim

International Coach
Head is a better option in the middle order for Aus than Wade (obviously) and also pretty much every other contender. Averages a most respectable 42 against the reigning world test champions, too. Who would be a better option in the middle order among current Aus batsmen?
i mean i back in big mo, and i am open to someone younger too.

you have to remember re that average against NZ, new zealand in australia are tantamount to sri lanka in australia tbh

Burgey

I'd get on board with Moises were he younger, but he's 34. Probably next in line for that spot though, he's been very consistent the past few years.

Then again, he's had to be to carry a line up with Spudwards and Spudgha in it.