• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope this is Renshaw's year, from a national perspective.
I'm also backing the "Renshaw in the middle order" train. Never fully bought him as an opener, technique-wise, even though he did a decent job.
Yeah, would be genuinely happy to see anyone his age or younger putting proper pressure on for either an opening or a middle order spot. No shock to say the drop off in domestic batting depth over the past decade has been the number one cause of Australia only occasionally ranking one in tests instead of always doing so, as is our right.

akshakimos6

Cricket Spectator
Players to watch this Shield season?

It's going to be an interesting one. While the very biggest Test names (bar Starc) are at the IPL, we still have 7 of the current Test XI - Marnus, Lyon, Wade (from round 3), Head, Burns, Paine, Starc. The IPL has also claimed a number of certain starters for Shield sides who aren't in the Test conversation right now - Finch, Maxwell, Stoinis, Carey. The conditions will also be interesting especially if the wickets get tired and offer spin as things go on.
Personally I'm hoping Mac Wright gets a few games, he looks like a very organised batsman. He didn't make runs in the two Shield games he played last season but batting at 3 is a tough ask for a rookie batsman. Hopefully he gets a chance to ease in down the order.
I'm also once again backing Ben McDermott to have his breakout Shield season. It'll happen one of these years I promise.
From other states, aside from the obvious names, I'm looking at Dans Hughes and Solway, Josh Inglis, Jake Fraser-McGurk, and Aaron Hardie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hi and welcome to the forums @akshakimos6 .

It seems like this post is more suited for the thread Australian Domestic Season 2020/21. As moderator, I'm going to merge it into there.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, no Ferg is a big surprise. Not sure if he had a late injury, wouldn't think he would be merely left out. Brad Davis listed at 3 for now, he'll have to wait as WA won the toss and are batting. Dayboo for Lance Morris for the sandgropers

QLD v TAS about to start

aussie tragic

International Captain
Definitely don't agree with current trend of WK batting #6 which it appears likely all 4 teams playing today will have. Paine at 6 looks so wrong especially with Doran at 5 (averaging 27). Really weak batting line up.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah been a bit of a flat start for Neser, Steketee looks in better rhythm but I don't know how much of that is just the angle of running towards the camera.

Silk gets 4 off a bouncer, didn't look entirely convincing though

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Silk has looked very tentative playing across the line to a few straight balls. Not a surprising dismissal.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't even realise this was starting today.

Yet another season of terrible batting awaits.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Certainly Queensland's batting looks a class above Tasmania's, especially with Wade out. Tasmanian bowling should be stronger than Queensland's though.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If green makes runs at #4 do u think wa just keep him there when he's bowling again or does he move back down to #5/6?