• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Couple of close lbws turned down with the new ball interspersed with an edge flying through vacant third

As oyu can imagine, he's handled it in his usual even tempered sort of way.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pattinson has generally looked like one of the most likely cricketers to commit an act of physical violence on the field.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah Justin, I would absolutely have left out Starc because he bowled crap in the previous test and had been bowling **** in the shield, with only a couple of innings aberration.

Spark

Global Moderator
Langer being uncomplimentary about the Sydney and Brisbane pitches on the comms.
Think it's time for everyone to accept that "the pitch will deteriorate a lot on Day 5" has gone from myth to legend, at least in Australia. Just never actually happens these days, the pitches are too well put together and too hard under the intense sun. It's like expecting a block of concrete to spontaneously disintegrate.

Spark

Global Moderator
We keep saying but Green, if he stays fit and if he "clicks" mentally in Tests, is just going to be a ridiculous player. 6 Shield hundreds before the age of 22 is rare stuff.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
We keep saying but Green, if he stays fit and if he "clicks" mentally in Tests, is just going to be a ridiculous player. 6 Shield hundreds before the age of 22 is rare stuff.
He needs to be given the #5 spot long term in tests minimum, half his dismissals vs India came because he was batting with the tail way too early in his innings and being forced to slog.

Spark

Global Moderator
How many did Hughes have by 22? Bloke had 26 FC tons and was 25.
Would have been about the same/a bit more I think? He hit one hundred in his debut 07/08 season for NSW, then three in 08/09. Can't remember what he did in 09/10.

EDIT: Three in 09/10. So seven Shield hundreds total, plus two Test and three county.

Spark

Global Moderator
This commentator on the WA/SA game really needs to be made aware of the phrase "less is more". Real motormouth.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The better he bats atm the more likely it is he'll stop bothering bowling and breaking himself. Which in a way would he a shame. I don't want to be telling my grandsubroutines one day the story about how a decent Test bat with an average of 42 could've been the next Keith Miller.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He needs to be given the #5 spot long term in tests minimum, half his dismissals vs India came because he was batting with the tail way too early in his innings and being forced to slog.
He often starts so slowly now too, I don't think #6 really suits him anymore, even in a theoretically better side.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
Smith also ruled out of the shield game with elbow problems, Jason Sangha comes in. Surprised there returning to a proven failure in Sangha instead of giving someone like Davies a game tbh.
This is sad news. I wish him speedy recovery.

I want him to score 1000+ runs in next Ashes & 800+ runs in next BGT in India with at least one double hundred on a rank turner. & then retire with 65+ Test average.