• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

Shady Slim

International Coach
would love to see neser crack the test side but he's not enough of a BIG UNIT to impress most of the viewing public, which is a damn shame because he is a fine bowler, and offers a change up from the rest of our attack

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
would love to see neser crack the test side but he's not enough of a BIG UNIT to impress most of the viewing public, which is a damn shame because he is a fine bowler, and offers a change up from the rest of our attack
I like Neser a lot. I think he's pretty clearly not as good as the first four picked quicks though.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I like Neser a lot. I think he's pretty clearly not as good as the first four picked quicks though.
i'd argue that in certain (non australian) conditions he brings more to the table than starc or patto (though starc has cleaned up his tendency to go missing overseas against top orders in recent series), but also that he brings more to the side as a whole than head or wade does, and with the injury history of our quicks someone who can take a load off wouldn't be the worst idea as well tbh

in england or new zealand i think he definitely warrants a spot tbh

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
This. Absolutely this. Do hope he snags a baggy green one day, but Neser is largely a victim of the strength of those ahead of him.

Well and truly getting into QLD legend areas I would say

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Marnus had 4 first class hundreds when he went over to play for glamorgan last year and he has 14 now, crazy.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see a lot of the young batting talent have a more naturally red ball focused game.
You're saying this because right now the Shield is on and it's those players that are out there playing haha. Come Big Bash and there will be plenty of young batting talent with T20 focused games on display.

do agree with your main intent though. Great to see that players like Bryce Street and Henry Hunt are still coming through.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slightly off topic question but why did Chris Lynn stop playing first class cricket? Had 3 hundreds before 21 and his overall first class stats are really good.
Makes a fortune playing T20s & isn’t capable of playing fc due to shoulder

Be lucky to be in game in a few years

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
You're saying this because right now the Shield is on and it's those players that are out there playing haha. Come Big Bash and there will be plenty of young batting talent with T20 focused games on display.

do agree with your main intent though. Great to see that players like Bryce Street and Henry Hunt are still coming through.
There's a ton of young t20 batting talent, but outside of hunt and street even guys like Solway and green seem more naturally suited to the long form of the game. It's a nice change of pace.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marnus finally doing for Queensland what he's been doing for everyone else.

Khawaja must be disappointed though.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, what's everyone's opinion on Lance Morris?
Unlucky bloke. Just had an absolute sitter dropped at second slip. Would have had 1 for 0.

Lucky though, he was dropped thrice before tea.
Not only that, he's been flicking and hooking in the air through the leg-side all day and somehow managed to avoid the fielders every time. Definitely not all been well-controlled either.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Webster, a batsman who typically bowls offies, coming on to bowl seam up and getting Labu with a big inswinging yorker is the most random thing. It even looked like it might have been reverse. :laugh:

tony p

First Class Debutant
Webster has plenty of ability with the ball I believe, but why the hell is batting at number 7 behind Paine though, should be at least 6.