• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2016/17

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll admit I've been hard on the guy but he's been bloody consistent. On the other hand, he won't displace any of the first-choice top-4 and doesn't solve the spin problem. I don't imagine he's competing with Marsh at 6 at his age.

Midwinter

State Captain
Slow, cold day and night at the MCG yesterday

Temperature dropped from 20 to 12 as the change came through just after play started and there was probably 2 hours of delays due to light drizzle which meant they played through to 10:30 and will start at 1 pm today.

Wade was hitting out at the start,White didn't play many shots
Bird was steady and didn't give much away, Milenko got most of the tail by trying hard. Boyce only came at the end and got the last wicket when Boland missed hoicking him to midwicket.

Siddle looked sharp, Tremain and Boland were steady.Holland only bowled 3 overs at the end, a couple of good balls.

At dinner Tassie had scored 5 off 11 overs , it took till the 15th over to get the run rate up to 1/over and 22 overs for it to be 2/over.
Doolan went at one a ball by hitting fours, some intentional. Bailey was very sratchy at the start of his innings but came good.He was dropped off Bolly Boland in in slips late in the day.

Three of the Tassie wickets were LBWs possibly due to the ball keeping a bit low.
Siddle bowled Webster not offering a shot, so not much glory there.

Plenty of seagulls

:)

Andre

International Regular
For all the hype of Doran playing like a young Mike Hussey, on first glance today he looks a lot more similar to Justin Langer technically than Hussey

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Nice to see Burns bowl an over.

Selectors will probably pull him out of the game now for bowling more than his scheduled allotment.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So Mitchell Marsh's performance: 12, 2/110 at over 5 an over and then bowled first ball.

Spikey

let's say voges gets 9 hits this summer, does a total of say 300 runs and one not out cause his average to drop below 60?

Spikey

well i did the maths myself and that would leave him with an average of 62. bloody hell.

adub

International Captain
I'm surprised by how little return the Nev has produced with the bat. For NSW he's always been a strong contributor, but he's yet to show anything much at Test level.

TheJediBrah

Nevill's batting has fallen off the face of the earth, except in World T20s where he is inexplicably brilliant

dermo

International Vice-Captain
tbf he hardly got a bat when everyone was filling their boots on the flat decks against NZ and the West Indies, only really gets a chance when we're mid collapse

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So getting it straight, he hardly had a chance to pad his stats in the easiest of situations, but when he's actually required to be of test standard and put in a performance when the chips are down and can't because he's a Victorian traitor hackfraud its unfair.

I see Nevill is going to be our Virat for years to come.

Spikey

tbf he hardly got a bat when everyone was filling their boots on the flat decks against NZ and the West Indies, only really gets a chance when we're mid collapse
I feel this way about both marsh and nevill. i've got no problem giving marsh, in particular, this summer. i'd be really unhappy if one of them gets tossed because we lose a match