• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

outbreak

First Class Debutant

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One thing you have to give Berry, he's in the press a lot which gives people a big target to aim at if SA fall flat again next season. Ballsy operator.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
At least someone in a prominent position is saying the right things, Nielson has been pretty quiet since that Gabba test where we apparently came away with honours. Flaming idiot. Always in denial. I recall watching an interview with Strauss after the 2009 Leeds test, he spoke so well about the defeat etc, at the time i thought he was full of ***, but in hindsight he was 100% correct. Contrast to what Nielson was saying after the Gabba test, sounded like he was trying to convince himself that all was rosy instead of addressing the obvious problems, though i guess Hilfy and Johnson did get dropped.

Spikey

part of me hopes so just so we can say the absurd statement: he would have paid all 5 tests if not for injury

brockley

International Captain
Big Bash League
Simon Katich, Shaun Marsh, Marcus North and Luke Pomersbach have all signed with the Perth Scorchers on day one of the KFC T20 Big Bash League player contracting window.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Still have no idea who I'm going to support in this ****.

Looking at the Sydney teams, my natural choices, I like the idea of the pink strip for the Sixers as it actually - shock horror - has something to do with cricket in Sydney with the Jane McGrath Day links. However I can't stand the name Sixers and it'll play its games at the SCG making it not my local team.

The Thunder, on the other hand, will play pretty close to me and officially be my local team, however they're still just calling themselves Sydney which aggravates me no end, and they've made no effort to incorporate anything into their marketing which represents cricket in their area, or their area at all. They've also signed two of my most hated players in David Warner and Chris Gayle.

I couldn't support a team from Queensland or Victoria which limits my options too. I can definitely see myself being alienated and supporting no-one by the end of this unless one of the teams happens to recruit a few of my favourite players, in which case my support would be conditional and eventual die off anyway. Although I suppose that's what Twenty20 support is usually like.

Spikey

Still have no idea who I'm going to support in this ****.
I'm going with the SCG team. The closest to me and I don't really like the Olympic Stadium. I suppose the Thunder just figured with Warner and Gayle they wouldn't need to do any of this "marketing" thing.

Theo Doropoulos gets an SA contract

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm going with the SCG team. The closest to me and I don't really like the Olympic Stadium. I suppose the Thunder just figured with Warner and Gayle they wouldn't need to do any of this "marketing" thing.
Yeah if the SCG team was actually my local team I'd probably just support them; hate the name Sixers but I could get over it given the other factors as long as they didn't sign a heap of players I hated (and the pool of such players has been significantly been reduced with Warner and Gayle signing elsewhere).

Will probably end up supporting Adelaide after they sign 10 Sydney grade cricketers up. Any team that signs an uncapped Sydney grade cricketer or compiles a predominantly NSW-born side is going to have a big chance of winning me over. :p

benchmark00

Def going for the sixers.

Interesting/devastating that Katman decided to play for Perth. Was an article about him considering not playing and focusing on FC cricket in an attempt to win his test spot back, but surely has now realised he has no hope of that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Def going for the sixers.

Interesting/devastating that Katman decided to play for Perth. Was an article about him considering not playing and focusing on FC cricket in an attempt to win his test spot back, but surely has now realised he has no hope of that.
Happy that he's playing tbh. Deserves the cash.

Spikey

my first thought was "hey maybe there's a test match in perth around the same time and he's planning to knee cap Hughes and get his spot back"

there is.........