• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Carseldine, Simpson and Laughlin cut by Queensland

Townshend and Phillipson are also gone, with Forrest moving in, as well as full contracts for Joe Burns and Andrew Robinson. Michael Neser has been upgraded, and Corey Barsby got himself a rookie contract

Carseldine and Simpson both likely to pick up T20 deals IMO.

Brett Geeves said:
"My back's about as stable as the Egyptian government at the moment, it's time for me to part ways with cricket,"
:laugh: WAG. If he can't play in the T20 lets hope he goes into commentary or something.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
A real shame to read about the retirement of Brett Geeves. As always, he was entertaining in announcing his retirement.

With a better run without injuries, he would easily have expanded upon his international experience.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Expected Coyte to hang on to his ahead of Casson, tbh. Always thought Clark would get one though.

So mad sadness in seeing

+

Cameron
Forrest
.. posted together like that. My two favourite New South Wales players. :(

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Arthur has some good ideas, but some shockingly terrible ones aswell.
Two examples of that....

Bad: Signed Sajid Mahmood as Western Australia’s overseas, “marquee” player. Arthur also thought Mahmood was an all-rounder.

Good: Requested while coach of RSA that FC fixtures in South Africa be played on roads as South Africa had upcoming away test series in India and Aus and Arthur wanted the bowlers to get fully adjusted to bowling on flat decks.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
At least he is making decisions, rather than just sitting back doing nothing like our Mr Nielson.