• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic off season 2020

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are these pathway programs any good? Haven’t you posted a bunch of times complaining about them

I mean, the strength of state cricket is built from grade cricket.
These programs generally have their pro & cons

Kids involved get to practice with & play against many of the better kids in their age groups while getting good level coaching

That’s great

My criticism of the programs was rooted in trial process & how they fast track some kids into senior rep stuff based upon junior performance

Guys like Burgey know more about it than I do

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hasn't he gunned it as a bat at Futures Level?
He has, but he's mostly done that batting in the lower order as well.

I think GAS is right in that he'll probably bat 5-7 rather than being seen primarily as a bowler though. They'll play four quicks every game and just make sure they've got Andrews in as an allrounder when they think it might turn late in the game.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...with-chief-kevin-roberts-20200615-p552p5.html

Cricket Australia to part ways with chief executive Kevin Roberts

There was a lot of funny things about how Roberts handled this, but one underrated highlight was Roberts going to the top players to discuss this (ie take pay cuts plz), instead of going to the ACA, when doing that exact thing is what made him hated during the CBA negotiations. He was a true dummy.

Burgey

lol at him standing staff down on 20% of their pay while he kept 80% of his. A real people person, ol' Kev.

Am writing away for the job.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
He was incredibly lucky to survive the 2017 standoff and to learn nothing for it and stuff it up again is just staggering. He won't be missed anybody.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Basically anyone involved in the player dispute of two years ago or who signed off on Foxtel getting coverage rights should have been sacked immediately. So that means pretty much the entire board. But Roberts is a good start.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to wait and see more, but the whole situation just looks so shambolic from afar

Anyone who even so much as floated the concept of a shortened Shield needs to be given their marching orders immediately, no single move could have a greater net negative effect on the future of Australian cricket

TheJediBrah

border plugging for belinda clarke to take the job, you absolutely do love to see it
At first I read this as "Border plugging Belinda Clarke"

and no I would not love to see it

Do think she'd do a great job in charge of CA though. Seems like a sensible person

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I see no evidence to suggest she'd do a great job. How has community cricket done under leadership?

TheJediBrah

I don't know much about her other than what I've seen of her media work, I'm making a big assumption but she just seems like a sensible person more than anything.

Smudge80

Cricket Spectator
Zampa signs for New South Wales. While Zampa is younger than O'Keefe he certainly isn't a better first class bowler than O'Keefe.

When is the rest of the New South Wales squad for 2020/21 going to be confirmed? With the Zampa move now confirmed and with Solway, Tanveer Sangha and Tremain possibly joining the squad who along with O'Keefe is making way? Zampa is centrally contracted meaning at least two of the existing squad will need to make way. Could Fallins and Gibson be in trouble?