• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Cricket - New TV rights negotiations/deal

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
idgi, he seems universally hated from what I've read online. why do all the channels want him?

morgieb

idgi, he seems universally hated from what I've read online. why do all the channels want him?
Him being a big name probably helps. I think the less learned crowd enjoys him because he seems pretty knowledgeable about the game and not afraid to come out with things that make you think, but the trouble is a lot of what his opinions aren't great and isn't willing to shut up on them. Commentary's version of an ADHD ridden child.

TheJediBrah

Even the facebook meme commenters? I've been using their reactions to gauge the average australian cricket fan sentiment all this while.
They're all just jealous because Warne has slayed so much more p***y than them in his life despite being an overweight idiot

morgieb

Bump following the announcement of 7's team:

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/cha...cast-ponting-warne-gilchrist-waugh/2018-07-10

Was a tad concerned about 7's team after I saw Slater and McGrath's names, but now I think it'll work well. Especially given it seems like they'll do a Channel 10 and have one ball-by-ball caller amongst two experts, which I found worked really well. So as long as they aren't dumb enough to have Brayshaw, Slater and Fleming on at the same time, anyway. I think Spikey originally had a very valid point re: Ponting being better suited for Fox and Gilchrist/Jones for 7, but it seems like the cross-promotion **** will be more for Brayshaw/Lane/Mitchell.

Fox's team doesn't impress. Warne, Waugh and Vaughan are exactly the types that will bring the worst out of each other, Border and Hussey are pretty boring and Julian seems to be too much of a bonehead. I'll still probably watch it though over 7 as I won't need to hear stupid cross-promotion stuff and it won't have ads during its actual coverage.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Fox's team doesn't impress. Warne, Waugh and Vaughan are exactly the types that will bring the worst out of each other, Border and Hussey are pretty boring and Julian seems to be too much of a bonehead. I'll still probably watch it though over 7 as I won't need to hear stupid cross-promotion stuff and it won't have ads during its actual coverage.
Have they promised that? They’ve had ads as part of their cricket coverage for decades now.

morgieb

Have they promised that? They’ve had ads as part of their cricket coverage for decades now.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/media-...t/news-story/65115070db52838272c2bee816248165

Starting this summer, every ball of every over LIVE and no ads in play, of elite men’s and women’s cricket, will be shown on FOX SPORTS. Launching later this year, FOX Cricket will become the home of cricket as Australia’s first and only dedicated cricket channel.
I take that as meaning no ads apart from during breaks. Whether that'll actually be the case is another question, but generally I find that subscription cricket has far fewer ads than FTA cricket.