• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia vs India 2020/21

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India could jag a few draws depending on pitches

I'd put my money on 3-0 or 4-0 rather than 5-0

Daemon

Hopefully our boys haven't just been sitting idle at home eating biryani

In anycase, I foresee plenty of injuries for the quicks if we rush back into things post lockdown

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm pretty doubtful about it happening.
Apparently the Australian government are open to a special deal to get India's into the country despite the crisis.

Australia has single digit numbers of new infections per day so unless there is a reversal and a community outbreak it should be safe for the players. The Indian side would need to add a two week quarantine to their itinerary before the series starts.

Small price to pay for the huge amount of money it will bring in both countries (and presumably worldwide as sports stations struggle to find anything to broadcast).

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopefully our boys haven't just been sitting idle at home eating biryani

In anycase, I foresee plenty of injuries for the quicks if we rush back into things post lockdown
Surely they all have home gyms where they're spending most of their time.

cnerd123

likes this
yea i'd be surprised if any cricketers show up to their next series cold. Videos everywhere of everyone doing home workouts, plus it's time off to heal any small nagging injuries

Daemon

Bowling puts you through a lot of stress that you can't really replicate in the gym though. Standing for long hours in the sun, concentration, batting for ages etc isn't easy either. You can't go from no overs to 20 a day so quickly regardless of how many chris hemsworth workouts you've been doing at home.

I'm sure they'll plan appropriately though.

vcs

Cricket is one of those sports than can be played with social distancing rules. Hopefully the virus fears will put the Aussies off any ball tampering plans they might have.

TheJediBrah

Don't underestimate them. They will come up with something new and genius. I heard Warner was working on a plan to bring a stick of glue on the field and gluing pubic hairs to one side of the ball for reverse swing.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
5 games in Adelaide? Awesome :p
For some reason cricinfo is broken for me and I cant read the article, but in all honesty they might as well play all the games in the one venue. Less travel is less risky, and there won't be crowds wherever they are anyhow.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, yeah practically it does make sense but I added that smiley coz after all the whinging from Paine about wanting to play us in Brisbane, they may end up not playing there.

Spark

Global Moderator
November might as well be the next geological aeon in covid time, but there should be a decent chance of this happening IMO. Cricket should be one of the easiest sports to return in some capacity.

TheJediBrah

For some reason cricinfo is broken for me and I cant read the article, but in all honesty they might as well play all the games in the one venue. Less travel is less risky, and there won't be crowds wherever they are anyhow.
Nah you still need a bit of variety in conditions and venues, it's not just about the crowd. 5 matches in a row at the same ground? no chance. Dumb.

Burgey

Have heard the matches will be alternating between Brisbane and Perth, so i expect India to call it off. Hopefully not.