• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia v Bangladesh (GIVE NATHAN ELLIS A GAME), at the Ring of Fire, Dubai-- 11/4 Thursday (D), Match #34, Group 1

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like Warner’s grip on the bat is too high. But I don’t know if it’s just an illusion because of the colour of his gloves and the grip.

Burgey

Jeez that’s a great shot

Taskin has bowled really well here but zero scoreboard pressure just leads to this sort of treatment

Burgey

Such a weird cricketer Mitch Marsh. So often does very little, but hits the ball as hard as anyone I’ve ever seen not named Ben Abbott.

Burgey

Also, suck **** Bangladesh after getting all uppity and producing those junk decks earlier in the year. Got fisted to death when it mattered, and it was no more than you deserve.

Move on from the hack-fraud, match fixing, stump kicker and start again.

Spark

Global Moderator
Surely Bangladesh has to actually prepare proper home pitches now? Because it's pretty hard to take those two series just before this seriously now, even more than it was at the time.

SillyCowCorner1

still somehow worse than i anticipated

joke of a T20 side, the whole Nat setup is rotten and is why they keep failing at big global events.
They need a better square at Mirpur. A better wicket besides a spinner’s paradise.

Cox’s Bazar wicket plays the same as well.

The one is Syhlet is much faster than the other two.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
T20 is also a really hard game to be consistently good at. Unlike ODI and Tests, T20 seems to demand a role playing set up and teams that are used to banking on individual performances are finding it more and more difficult. I mean you can pick an all star XI and lose to one of the best run franchises in T20s, IMO. Coz the game depends so much on role playing and team work compared to even ODIs and definitely wen compared to tests.

Flem274*

123/5
Surely Bangladesh has to actually prepare proper home pitches now? Because it's pretty hard to take those two series just before this seriously now, even more than it was at the time.
once you adjusted expectations and shrugged off the ball rolling in the second over those games were quite fun(ny) to watch on mute.

Bahseph

State Captain
T20 is also a really hard game to be consistently good at. Unlike ODI and Tests, T20 seems to demand a role playing set up and teams that are used to banking on individual performances are finding it more and more difficult. I mean you can pick an all star XI and lose to one of the best run franchises in T20s, IMO. Coz the game depends so much on role playing and team work compared to even ODIs and definitely wen compared to tests.
I've bought into this viewpoint. When you look at the Bangladesh team I don't see how you can expect to win many T20 games with Mushfiqur and Mahmadullah in the middle order. And that's just the batting side. It's a worry I have with SA and the fact that we have four openers(QDK Reeza Markram and Bavuma) and a bloke that used to open(Rassie) in our top 5!

Spark

Global Moderator
I've bought into this viewpoint. When you look at the Bangladesh team I don't see how you can expect to win many T20 games with Mushfiqur and Mahmadullah in the middle order. And that's just the batting side. It's a worry I have with SA and the fact that we have four openers(QDK Reeza Markram and Bavuma) and a bloke that used to open(Rassie) in our top 5!
Once again though these are the kinds of things you only really learn by stress-testing your team in realistic, competitive games on normal pitches rather than the "lol let's just play a dozen spinners and win with a score of 110" rubbish they served up this year.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They need a better square at Mirpur. A better wicket besides a spinner’s paradise.

Cox’s Bazar wicket plays the same as well.

The one is Syhlet is much faster than the other two.
They can try leaving a little grass (if you can grow grass on the outfield, you can grow it on the pitch) and actually watering and rolling them. The pace of the pitches doesn't really matter, they just need firm, flat surfaces as that's what 97.5% of T20 is played on. Ironically the pitches this tournament are more bowling friendly than normal but Bangladesh still suck as the pace bowlers have been getting purchase, whereas their own pitches neuter the fact that every team except Zimbabwe has a better pace attack, something that itself is caused by the terrible pitches.

Last edited: