• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia off-season 2022

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As much as I'd like CA to get a clip, I can't see how this is healthy for Aus Cricket. A genuine risk that no cricket is on FTA in 2022 and that would be an absolute disaster.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The government hoses money up against the wall on all types of **** so least they can do is ensure certain things are on free to air

Spikey

the boring answer is that it'd be insanely bad isn't it. we saw what they did in 2020 when they thought they were gonna lose some money...

with that said, c7's argument is pretty crap anyway. one of them seems to be that CA didn't prioritise the BBL over international cricket, which you know, and another one is that they have a salary cap. it's probably just another stunt to try to get the discount they failed to get in 2020

C10/Paramount is making a big play for the AFL, we'll probably find out soon if they're keen for cricket from the next deal

Burgey

The previous government hosed money up against the wall on all types of **** so least they can do is ensure certain things are on free to air
Indeed.

I think you'll find Labor went to the election promising to tighten up the anti-siphoning laws. Hopefully this forms part of that. I should perhaps raise the mater with my local member and good friend, the Hon Anthony Norman Albanese MP.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Ch10 the only good option left you’d think. Not sure how happy they are with the way ole James Sutherland left though

Starfighter

I think regardless of who offers it the next rights deal has a good chance of being noticeably smaller than the previous.

Starfighter

Headline in the Oz today about Ten potentially making a big bid for the AFL rights. Would take them out of contention for the cricket.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
The question is whether CA are prepared to take a cut in broadcast rights money for better coverage. That they went for the money offer is what doomed them to this mess last time and like all Oz sporting bodies, I doubt they'll learn their lesson.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The question is whether CA are prepared to take a cut in broadcast rights money for better coverage. That they went for the money offer is what doomed them to this mess last time and like all Oz sporting bodies, I doubt they'll learn their lesson.
Well if their bonuses are tied to it...