• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia and Australia A Squads

Andre

International Regular
Here are the 2 squads:
Australia - http://www.cricketweb.net/articles/EpuZlZuVAVqjJbohPJ.shtml

Good to see Martin Love get his first overseas tour, and Ashley Noffke back in the fold.

I feel for Brad Williams who has certainy done nothing wrong to miss out on selection, especially doing all he has been asked to do.

Australia A - http://www.cricketweb.net/articles/EpuZlZuuEyuIAHPvTy.shtml

Great to see Shane Harwood selected. He really impressed me this year.

No Greg Blewett, a shame - he had a good summer. Ryan Campbell as keeper suprises me a little.

Thoughts?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
why would campbell as keeper surprise you? he is the back up to gilly so i cant see why he wouldnt be picked.
Picking Katich was a stupid move for the A team, there are better players than him, and why would symonds be picked, why not pick Bevan as well then.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree, its been no secret that Campbell is the backup keeper to Gilchrist so it can't be that shocking to see him as keeper in the 'A' team.

I know some people will feel Michael Clarke has been hard done by but Martin Love was pretty much flawless against England both in test matches & first class matches so he had to go to the Windies.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No Greg Blewett, a shame - he had a good summer.
Yeah I guess being the top run-scorer for both the ING Cup and Pura Cup just wasn't considered enough. Must be some harsh criteria for him to miss out...............

Ryan Campbell as keeper suprises me a little.
Why? Oh that's right, you're from NSW. Haddin should be in, right?? ;)

Regardless of who is the more talented keeper, Campbell has been the preferred choice this summer the whole time. The selectors were hardly about to pick himall summer and then drop him at the end.

Picking Katich was a stupid move for the A team, there are better players than him
Oh? Name them.

Andre

International Regular
Top_Cat said:
Why? Oh that's right, you're from NSW. Haddin should be in, right?? ;)
:D

In all seriousness, I would have thought Wade Seccombe was the second choice keeper behind Gilchrist in the longer form of the game.

Had the series only been for One-Day matches, I'd have gone Campbell.

Just on Haddin, he was picked for Australia A in the four-day match this year, but I don't rate him at all - as far as I am concerned, he couldn't catch a cold.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Clarke i dont think was hard done by - love had a great summer and deserves a chance i feel at the top level, Clarke has come out himself and said he will have many more chances wheras love may not - though it would not surprise me if clarke became a more permanant fixture in the ODI team before the test team - not that many players average over 50 for OD domestic - and martyn starts slowly and ** what i was wondering is why a county has not picked him up for this season- he would kill county bowling**

Campbell is the reserve keeper and should have been picked

Blewett is in the same boat as Martyn and Australian national team looks to attack at the start of an innings

Katich has proved himself to be a capable all rounder this season and also skippers NSW when S Waugh is not around, a good pick