• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia A vs pakistan A

brockley

International Captain
In july 2 4 days,3 one dayers 1 t20.
Wonder who will be in the australia A side,will be named when the ashes side is chosen i gather.
Expect michael klinger,chris rogers,callam ferguson,graham manou,jason kregja,doug bollinger and shaun tait to be there..
Their maybe some smokies would like to see steve smith there.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Will be interesting to see what they do with guys playing in England, both county cricket and below. Generally they haven't always brought back county players unless they really wanted to have a look at them. With the Ashes going on it might better from the fringe players to play county cricket, 2nd XI or league cricket.

Would expect a pretty youthful side if that is the case.

brockley

International Captain
A few injuries round doubt tait and jaques will play.
They may have a look at voges and rogers and bollinger for the A squad.
Graham manou maybe left in england where he wants to base himself for haddin,so maybe the 3rd in line keeper will play,hartley?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Townsville hey at the Riverview Stadium? That's pretty cool.

My Aussie A side that I would be having a look at would be:
1 Ryan Broad
2 Chris Rogers (c)
3 Michael Klinger
4 Callum Ferguson
5 George Bailey
6 Usman Khawaja
7 Matthew Wade
8 Luke Butterworth
9 Clint McKay
10 Burt ****ley
11 Tim MacDonald

brockley

International Captain
Nifty side nufan glad white not their.
Still would like to see steve smith in the mix altho we may see henriques there.hopefully not hopes too old.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon they should just play this side personally:

1. Phil Jaques
2. Usman Khawaja
3. Peter Forrest
4. Ben Rohrer
5. Dominic Thornely (c)
6. David Warner
7. Moises Henriques
8. Steve Smith
9. Daniel Smith (wk)
10. Burt ****ley
11. Josh Hazlewood

Easierly the 11 most talented players outside the NT side.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Chaminda that team would give the Northern Territory a run for their money.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I would like to see Tim Paine in the Aus A side. Heard that he is a good player. Have'nt seen him play before.

Matt79

Global Moderator
*sigh* this thread simply won't be the same without itduzz wetting himself when Pakistan win.

brockley

International Captain
Be interesting what one day players are chosen henriques and doherty,or will kregja double for the one dayers.

brockley

International Captain
I'd like to see usman khawajah there,he should be a good chance.
Need an allrounder there,steve smith?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Will be interesting to see which way the selectors go. May take the youthful approach, selecting some of our upcoming cricketers (Smith, Khawajah, Henriques, Wade, George). Alternatively select a true 'A' team (Klinger, Bailey, Rogers, Geeves).

Selectors have never been very consistent with 'A' team selections. May go experience or youth. Whatever occurs, great opportunity for a number of cricketers. Some test spots are still not nailed down, and the one day line-up is still not settled.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That would clearly be a mistake.
Why? Was SA's best quick by far after a fairly inconsistent start to the season. Not saying he should be selected as there are plenty of good quicks (Vic seems to have a monopoly) but he should be in the conversation.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Why? Was SA's best quick by far after a fairly inconsistent start to the season. Not saying he should be selected as there are plenty of good quicks (Vic seems to have a monopoly) but he should be in the conversation.
I agree. When Cleary is fit and bowling with confidence he is one of the better quicks in the country. One of the few bowlers who can actually tear through a top-order. Bowlers of his calibre (pacey, slight movement) are always just half a good season away from the Australian team, especially ODI team. Look at Geeves and Harris.

Lets himself down though with countless games of not much. Hope he hits the ground running next season.